Saturday, April 17, 2010

MRM/TLS Wedding Update

In case anyone was wondering how the start of our wedding planning is going, here is the email I sent to all of my bridesmaids about it:

OMG y'all. I am so excited and happy that you're my bridesmaids. Get to know each other. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic- Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

For the wedding itself, I am thinking that the theme should be Scarlett O'Hara at the Jersey Shore. Think the South rose again and decided to vacation for Memorial Day. KMH and RRA, you will be wearing lime green hoop skirt dresses with mutton sleeves and navy bonnets and GNB, you will be wearing the same except in fuschia with a lime green bonnet. You will all ride in to the ceremony on horses. Side saddle, of course. As for hair, it's really up to y'all what you want to do. All I ask is that you get the Hollywood bump it, chunky highlights, and leave it down so that it is exactly 14.596" from your crown. Nothing too specific. Use your imaginations here. (The bonnets will start at the back of your heads, right behind the bump.) I request that you fake and bake religiously, please invest in a membership to Hollywood tans now. Orange is a secondary color in my wedding and I would really like it if y'all were orange for the occassion. (Whoever said orange is the new pink was so NOT seriously disturbed.) Collagen lip injections are a MUST. Any pre-wedding body art must be approved by yours truly. For nails, you will be getting acrylic pink and green French manis with T**** in rhinestones on one hand (one rhinestone letter on each nail) and MASHA on the other.

13 comments:

  1. Funny. Linda Richman would be proud. Your day is going to go off like buttah. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lawd child! that was hilaaaaaarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that's hilarious!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you are taking this very seriously! But, you forgot one very important thing, the girls' shoes (and dresses) must match the punch. So, I'm thinking lime sherbet punch, you know the one with ginger ale?! Then all will be complete and y'all can live happily ever after!

    Thanks for the smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's good! For the first few sentences I thought you were serious and started thinking "OMG this is going to be a train wreck." Fortunately, I got with the program. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely hysterical!! I would actually like to see THAT wedding take place. Then again, maybe not!

    ReplyDelete