Friday, August 13, 2010

Tomorrow Afternoon, I will be Here

Every even-numbered year since 1976, for one weekend the city of Brussels sets up a carpet made entirely out of flowers in the Grande Place. No two carpets are ever the same. They use over 750,000 flowers and pack them so tightly that no soil is used at all! I have been wanting to go see this since 2002 and it was on my list of things to do in Europe when we moved here. I thought that we missed the 2010 carpet, but when we were in Brussels last month, we saw fliers about it, saying that it would be this weekend! As soon as we learned that, we knew we had to go! Brussels is only about 3 hours door to door from our house, so we booked a hotel room for Saturday night and are leaving early tomorrow morning. I cannot wait to see this! I promise to report back with pictures from this year's carpet.

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! You are getting to see things that people only dream they could, enjoy! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. how BEAUTIFUL! enjoy every minute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing, I've never even actually heard about it! Lucky girl! Enjoy, take lots of pics! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. your making me so homesick! we used to go every year, I should dig up some old photos :) have a wonderful time and make sure to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful sight that must be. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete