Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Case of the Blahs

Been feeling incredibly blah'ish and horrible lately. Sometimes you just need a gripe/vent session so here goes.

*I am still very frustrated that I need a cane to get around and it has impaired a lot of things for me. Festival season has started up in Germany and the wine festival that we were looking forward to all year long was this past weekend. It was really hard for me to realize that we could not go this year. The majority of my friends went and it was really hard for me seeing all of their Facebook posts about it. This weekend is another major wine festival and guess who will not be going?
*I ordered a dress about a month ago from Nordstrom to wear to my cousin's wedding hoping that it would fit. The dress is still not here. Nordstrom had to file it as lost and refund me the money. I won't be in NYC before the wedding so I can't have a dress shipped there. This means that as soon as we land in the States, we pretty much have to go shopping.
*Out of all the items I ordered from the Lilly Pulitzer Endless Summer Sale, so far I had only received the tablecloth. I was hoping to bring all the clothes to the States with me. After getting an email from customer service saying that my beautiful Murfee had been returned, I called them. Apparently all of my other items had been showing as delivered. Two weeks ago. To South Carolina. Huh?
*In general, the APO has not been my friend as of late. I'm still waiting on a lot of packages that were ordered/mailed a while ago including a sign from Etsy that we were looking forward to!
*I still can't make it down the stairs without help, so I spend most of my days upstairs in bed. My food choices have been pretty limited to non-perishables and after eating them for so long, I am starting to really resent granola bars. TLS bought me an electric kettle to keep upstairs and I was so thankful to be able to make instant oatmeal for breakfast today!
*My hives have returned with a vengeance. It seems like I am covered in them. Unfortunately, I can't take antihistamines with the meds I'm on for my nerve pain, so I am just one hot itchy mess now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your blahs. I hope things pick up soon and your recovery gets better. Hugs from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that so many not great things are going on for you! It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you start to feel better soon. I know it is very frustraiting to be laid up. I had a moped accident when we were on vacation. Needless to say, I had to have an operation in a foreign country! I couldn't be on my feet for 3 months. I know it sucks, but things do get better. You just don't think it will at the time. You are in my prayers.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. having to immediately shop doesnt sound too bad ;). Thats so frustrating that they keep misplacing your packages.

    hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, okay so I have been away all summer, what is up with the cane?? I am so sorry!!!!

    I will add you to my prayers tonight. (((HUGS)))

    Sorry about all your clothing issues too. That stinks :(


    PS:swing by tomorrow for my blogaversary giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete