Monday, February 1, 2010

Rabbit Rabbit

When I was in second grade, my teacher taught our class that you're supposed to say "Rabbit Rabbit" on the first of every month for good luck. Of the many random things that she taught me, this is one that always stuck. (The fact that Peter Stuyvesant's nickname was "Peg Leg Pete" is another. I said this in the car to KMH this morning, and the thought I was crazy. I thought that it might have been something that my teacher made up, so I did a google search for it and found that it's
a common superstition. You're supposed to say either "Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit" or just "Rabbit Rabbit" on the first of every month for good luck. Since we could all use a little more luck, Rabbit Rabbit all.

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard that! I am going to remember that each month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You are the only other person I know of that does that! I just got oodles of texts from my family this morning with 'rabbit rabbit'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that!! So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's hilarious! i learned the rabbit rabbit thing in HS and it's like the ONLY thing that has stuck with me!

    ReplyDelete