Monday, June 20, 2011

making a list, checking it twice

My birthday is now less than a month away. I have decided that I will be turning 24 this year. 24 is a good number. It means I can still say I'm in my "early twenties." I like that. Let's stick with that. As usual, this is around the time of the year when I make my birthday wishlist for myself, my family, and TLS, and they all lovingly ignore it.

What's on my list this year?
1. KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 qt. Stand Mixer in Empire Red
I have only been drooling over this baby for like 4 years now. Maybe it's because I'm married now, but I have managed to finally convince my mother that she really wants to buy this for me. She ordered it today. (Insert high pitched sorority girl shriek here.) I can.not.wait. I've already named her. (Her being the mixer.) Kitty KitchenAid. (I may not leave my kitchen at all for all of July and August.)

2. A Sock Monkey

Don't ask me why because even I don't really know, but for the past few months I have become strangely fixated with the idea of owning one. We have an exorbitant amount of stuffed animals at home that really only seems to get bigger with each passing month. A sock monkey would complete it perfectly. I have been trying to not-so-subtly let my husband know that a sock monkey would make a perfect "going in to the hospital" gift. I am pretty much a big baby and can not for the life of me handle needles or IVs and always need to have a stuffed animal there to squeeze any time a needle gets inserted into me. (Yea, this made that one solid month I spent at the hospital a few years back a real blast.) Sock monkey would be the perfect IV companion.

3. Jonathan Adler Whale Salt and Pepper Shakers
I adore whales. I adore and collect salt and pepper shakers. This cute set just makes sense for my life. But it ultimately falls under the category of "things that you want but would never buy yourself so you hope to get it as a gift."

4. Monogrammed Anything
New last name= have to get new monogrammed EVERYTHING in my world. Working on building up my collection of monograms from scratch again. Would love almost anything monogrammed but partial to notecards- especially these from Horchow
and this baseball cap from Marley Lilly

5.  Tiffany & Co. Twist Bow ring and/or Pendant in Silver
Self explanatory.

9 comments:

  1. My family always seems to ignore my wish list too. So sad! I love when my mother tells me what is on my list isn't what I really want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tiffany bows, I keep contemplating buying the earrings but never get around to it. They're so chic and feminine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the salt and pepper shakers. And I've been loving that tiffany ring too - actually all the tiffany bows. And I'm dreaming of a kitchenaid fun colored mixer when I have my own place as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BDA broke down and bought me a KitchenAid when I moved in to my new apartment. It's my baby and it's never done me wrong! You're going to love it! I love your wish list, I may need to steal the Jonathan Adler shakers...obsessed!
    I also feel I need to tell you that I am a terrible, terrible person. I have your wedding giftie sitting in my living room. I was going to ship it to your mom's until you mentioned the crowding issues and I wasn't about to stress you out before your wedding (for shame on those who did)! I meant to send it right after you posted you returned home to Germany, but I completely forgot! Probably because it's been serving as an end table and is covered in magazines, but it's more than ready to be shipped to you! Forgive me?
    P.S. The company I was referring to on my post today was ShoeDazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend has the whale s&p shakers and they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I love that pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! The kitchen aid mixer if my #1 wedding registry must have! lol

    I found your blog when it was semi inactive & I am so glad I still clicked follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the salt and pepper shakers.It is these small little things that add spark to the daily routine boring life.Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete