Monday, March 23, 2009

Only in New York

This weekend I had what can only be described as the epitome of an "only in NY" moment. I was on the subway coming back from the salon and there was a middle-aged married couple sitting directly across from me. The husband was blatantly checking me out while he was holding his wife's hand! I was really annoyed by this and thought that it was the most disrespectful thing ever. A couple of minutes later, I looked up from texting my friends only to notice that this time it was the wife who was checking me out. Lovely. Just when I thought that it wasn't going to get any weirder, they got up from their seats, came up to me, and asked me if I wanted to get to know them. In the biblical sense. Both of them. At the same time! (No this was not the language that they used. This is me paraphrasing them asking me if I wanted to join them in a threesome.) I was so flabbergasted and didn't know what to do that as soon as the train stopped, I got off (5 stops early) and had to wait for the next train. Only in New York folks.

8 comments:

  1. Oh shut up!! That is both horrible and hilarious at the same tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I wouldn't have known how to react to this...this is insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That takes a lot of guts to ask a stranger that! Holy cow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! what the heck do you say to something like that? "umm... maybe another time?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you should be flattered?? Or not...b/c I would be kinda sickened....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have gotten off the train too! People have a lot of nerve. That is just gross.

    ReplyDelete