Tuesday, July 14, 2009

birthday celebration part uno and some thank yous

Hello bloggers. I apologize for once again being a bit MIA. I have gotten to that point in my life where my job pretty much controls me. My birthday is tomorrow (26, eek) and since I have never been one to celebrate my birthday only once, this pas weekend marked part one of the celebration.

Some girl friends and I headed to Trailer Park Lounge, which is one of my favorite NYC bars. It has been voted by Food Network to be one of the Top 5 Kitschiest Restaurants in America and is a lot of fun. The bar is a venerable shrine to all that is white trash, and has pictures, props, etc. hanging on the walls, and part of a trailer and a bowling alley in the bar! They have amazing frozen margaritas and food. One of the reasons I love it so much is that it is a place where I can order Macaroni and Cheese with a side of tater tots for dinner. What's not to love? If you are in NYC, I recommend that you go there at least once for the experience. Thanks to KMH, I even got to wear a pink and green Lilly Pulitzer party crown!

My mother's birthday was yesterday, and my Nana's is today, so we usually do one big birthday dinner or brunch for the three of us. We went to an Italian place that's across the street from my Nana's house. It's nice but nothing exceptional, we always go there every year because my Nana can't walk well and it's very accessible for her. TLS and I have a joke that every time I order sangria, I end up wearing more of it than drinking it, and I have to say that yesterday, I did not wear a single drop! Take that. I ended up having to come to dinner late due to work, so that sangria was very much needed when I got finally got there.

Sadly, after I moved offices, my camera cord no longer seems to work. When I plug my camera into the computer, it shows as being connected, but won't actually read it to upload the pictures. This was supposed to be a post chock full of pictures to thank my wonderful blog readers, but alas, until I get a new cord, I can't upload any. Instead, I do want to thank blog readers who have been so kind as to share in my birthday with me and send me cards/gifts. Angela sent me these adorable ladybug notecards from Papyrus. Lis sent me an adorable pink and green Lilly Pulitzer mug and set of shift dress notecards courtesy of the Preppy Princess. The Princess and her consort were kind enough to throw in a Pocket Lilly Pad. Being that I'm someone who loves paper products and likes to have a notepad on hand at all times, this is currently residing in my tan Longchamp purse. Thank you ladies. :) Thank you cards are in the mail. :) I was also fortunate enough to win a monogrammed beach towel thanks to Whitney Caroline Designs. I have to say that the picture did not do the towel justice at all and I absolutely love it! It was perfect timing too, because the birthday celebration continues tomorrow with a trip to Connecticut followed by the Harry Potter movie with my mom and GNB, and then a birthday trip to the Hamptons with GNB this weekend where it will be put to good use. :)

Thank you to everyone for sharing in my fun with me, and don't forget, you still have until midnight tonight EST to enter my last birthday month giveaway.

26 comments:

  1. OMG when you don't post (even though I may not be commenting) I start my day with your blog! I've been off! Keep posting.

    Also, I love you more than sunlight.

    But not in a creepy way. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, happy almost bday lucky lady! xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (early) Birthday!! Sounds like you're doing it right this year! I have a feeling we have some restaurants in some of our smaller towns in Louisiana that could give that Trailer Park place a run for its money :-) When I get back to NY I'll have to check it out to see how it compares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday!!

    I'm so hitting up that resturant next time I'm in the city. I have a fascination with all things redneck/ white trash! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for your Birthday Eve tonight!! :) 26 will be fabulous for you - I just know it!!! xoxoxo ALAM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Early Burfday Miss MRM, we hope it is fabulous!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy early Birthday!

    Hanging at the Trailer Park Lounge in a Lilly crown is 1st class all the way…I love it! That place sounds like a blast. It’s also so nice that you got to celebrate with you family as well. I can’t believe all of the July b’days.

    That was so sweet of your bloggy friends to send you such nice gifts!

    I hope you have a fantastic time in the Hampton’s!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy early birthday :)

    The Trailer Park Lounge sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Trailer Park Lounge sounds like so much fun...I want to go! I hope you have a FANTASTIC birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you're having great birthday celebrations! I'm definitely going to try the Trailer Park Lounge next time I'm in NYC! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're having great birthday celebrations! I'm definitely going to try the Trailer Park Lounge next time I'm in NYC! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. July is a big birthday month at our house too! Sounds like you have been having fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, lady! Hope you're having a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you have a great birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! I'm just now playing catch up and can't believe I missed it by a day. Sounds like you were off to a great start, and I hope yesterday was lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I'm ever in NYC I'm going to the Trailer Park Lounge!! That sounds like the best idea for a restaraunt/bar ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. [url=http://firgonbares.net/][img]http://firgonbares.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
    [b]i buy microsoft software, [url=http://firgonbares.net/]buy photshop[/url]
    [url=http://firgonbares.net/][/url] free microsoft office enterprise 2007 product key cheap video software
    java download windows xp [url=http://firgonbares.net/]to buy microsoft office software[/url] tips for selling software
    [url=http://firgonbares.net/]buy software license[/url] cheap software from
    [url=http://firgonbares.net/]educational software publisher[/url] all educational software
    educational software cd [url=http://firgonbares.net/]autocad training[/b]

    ReplyDelete