Friday, July 31, 2009

Favorite Things Friday- the KMH edition

I have just been informed by my sister, my best friend, the love of my life, and the reason why I'm so good at rapid texting, KMH that she is very much having a one of those days. I don't like hearing that from my friends, and since I can't give her my free Iced Caramel Macchiato (partly because I already drank it, and partly because she's all the way in Chicago), this week's favorite things post is dedicated entirely to her.

A little-blogged about fact about my dear KMH is that she is obsessed with Monet's Water Lillies. She collects coffee table books about them and has amassed quite a collection. I would love to buy her some, but being that she has like 40, I'm scared of buying her repeats. So, my dear, here are some non-coffee table book items for your virtual collection.

A set of magnets for your fridge from the Metropolitan Museum of Art Store ($14.95).
A set of notecards for all of your inifite correspondence with moi, also from the Met Store, also $14.95.
A pretty mousepad for your desk at work, from Bonanzle ($9.99).
A mini folding umbrella from Ebags ($24.00).
KMH also loves scarves and pins, so here is a beautiful wrap from the Art Institute of Chicago ($158).Combining your love of the Water Lillies with my love of small boxes, a pricey but cute Limoges box from Limoges Boutique ($412).And lastly, not Monet-related, but since we are both obsessed with 1) paper products, and 2) ASA (and I'm also obsessed with polka dots), new notepads and such from the Preppy Princess ($6.00-10.00)

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS THE BEST POST YOU HAVE EVER POSTED. I'm sending this to my mom for holiday shopping.
    xoxoxo
    bff jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome of a sister are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Monet is so fantastic. I used to be obsessed with his Water Lillies series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I went to see Monet at the High Museum of Art here in Atlanta last weekend. So dreamy!

    ReplyDelete