Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm an Alpha Sigma Alpha, Alpha Sig until I die

This is a shortened work week for me. Tomorrow morning I will be boarding a flight to magnificent St. Louis for a sorority leadership conference. This is going to be my first time flying Delta after the Chicago debacle, and to be honest, I am a little apprehensive. They still have not responded to my email from two weeks ago, and I have since sent another one. I have to say their customer service does not seem to be oriented towards actually serving the customer.

I have been to several sorority conferences, but never this one. This is a leadership institute geared at training collegians towards assuming leadership positions. Unlike our other conferences, alumnae have to apply in order to go to this one to act as facilitators. I feel so lucky to have been selected and cannot wait for the conference. My schedule will be 8am-10pm most nights (eek!) so it does not look like I will have any time to explore the city, but that's ok. My favorite polka dotted ASA mug is chipped and needs replacing, so I am hoping to get a replacement for it at the Emporium. Lis, if you think of something that you want me to pick up for you, let me know.

I am going to attempt to do a scheduled post with my weekly favorite things for Friday. I tend to be a bit technologically incompetent, so I apologize in advance if it does not go as planned. I am not allowed to have my phone on me during the day, but I will tweet updates at night time. I will catch up on all of your blogs when I return.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mix Delta and the Atlanta airport together, ever. Totally agree their customer service, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a GREAT time at the conference! What a fun one to continue involvement in ASA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so fun! have a good time. Love sorority life--and miss it so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a fabulous trip Miss MRM, enjoying yourself and not even thinking about blogging!

    Smiles and a hug,
    tp

    ReplyDelete