Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Recipe Post

Several of you expressed interest in the recipes for my Spinach Balls and Spicy Sour Cream Cookies from my weekend post, so here they are.

Spinach Balls-
1 10 oz. package of frozen spinach (you can use either whole or chopped spinach, I prefer to use whole)
1 cup stuffing mix
1 small onion
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. garlic powder

Cook and drain spinach. Beat eggs. Chop onion. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. (Warning: your hands will be very sticky.) Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350o for 20 minutes. Easy and delicious.

Spicy Sour Cream Cookies-
Because of the nutmeg and cinnamon in them, these cookies are especially great for the fall, but are delicious, moist, and tasty year-round.

1 cup shortening
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (small container) sour cream
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Cream the shortening. Add brown sugar and cream together. Add eggs, sour cream, and, if desired, nuts. Mix together well. Slowly, add in the flour mixture, little by little. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour. Roll into balls and plase on a slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400o for 7 minutes. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. ummm, those both sound delicious. you are trying to fatten me up aren't you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spinach balls. I will make them ahead of time and freeze them and then reheat if I have guests coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look fabulous- thanks for posting. I can't wait to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I am always looking for new recipes. I tend to get in a rut and keep making the same things over and over again. I am going to make the spinach balls this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both sound delicious!!!
    trying the spinach balls this weekend! :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete