Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale

I have to say, I was not a huge fan of this one. I was waiting and had my alarm all set, and then like every single other sale, there were website problems and it didn't go up as scheduled. Some people had better luck than I did, and by the time I got in, the things I had really been hoping for had all sold out. One shirt sold out as I was checking out. Boo.

In the end, I ended up getting just two items- the Wanda Top in White
and the Murfee in Show Me Some Skin.
Everything else just didn't interest me or was sold out in my size.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again- Murfees are one of my absolute favorite Lilly items, but they are one that I almost always refuse to pay full price for*. I just don't think they're worth the $118 price tag, IMO. So I only buy them at the sales. Loved this print and had to snap it up for $29.

I had a gift card to Lilly, so my total came out to just $9 out of pocket. That is a new record for me. Husband was impressed with my shopping and told me he'd let me make weekly Lilly purchases if I could keep them all under $10. About that dear...

What about you? Did you have any better luck at the sale?


ETA: I just noticed that Lilly Pulitzer will be on Rue La La on Thursday. If you didn't have luck at the sale, then I would try there as well.

*the notable exception would be if Lilly ever made an Alpha Sigma Alpha print Murfee. Get on that Lilly. Pretty please.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely wasn't as impressed with this sale. I'm living overseas right now, the the sale started while I was at work. I just got home in time to order the Adelson Shift, but not much else was left in my size. During the summer sale the inventory was off, so everything I thought I ordered turned out to not be available any longer. Didn't find out about it until days after I had placed my order. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat this one out (no buy Jan) sorry you didn't find more. I totally agree with you on the murfees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree re the Murfees--great to buy on sale but not worth full price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Murfee scarf in show me some skin--it's a great pattern, it goes with so much! And I agree, I only like to buy them on sale as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely 100% right on the Murfees. Why would I pay over $100 when I just got one for $29?! And I am dying for an ASA print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, I was not a huge fan of this one. I was waiting and had my alarm all set, and then like every single other sale, there were website problems and it didn't go up as scheduled. l4d survival warehouse

    ReplyDelete