Sunday, January 8, 2012

She Went to Paris

Looking for answers.

If you've been reading this blog or follow me on twitter for a while, then you know that I have insomnia. That's no secret. I do most of my shopping at night. Lately, I have been getting depressed about my husband's upcoming deployment. I have been trying to keep myself together by planning trips while he's gone so I can focus on the good. On a whim, I decided to go to the Air France website and see what it would cost me to fly to Paris for 2 days. Less than I thought. $115. I am now trying to talk myself out of booking the ticket on the spot and wait until I know more. It's not easy. My mother once booked a two week trip to Hungary and the Czech Republic because she saw a good deal on plane tickets. She called it her impulse purchase. It runs in the family.

I am trying to be good and not book the ticket, but this was what I found to be so funny.
That's right. The actual ticket only costs $1. The rest of the ticket cost is taxes and fees.

 ETA: I realized that the screenshot comes out tiny on the post and I can't figure out a way to change that. The picture says that the ticket costs $1 and has $113.60 in taxes and government surcharges on it.

It might be time to replay my favorite YouTube video.



Bonsoir folks.

10 comments:

  1. Like the bad influence I am...I say you should definitely go to Paris!

    That video is EPIC!!! I'm sending the link to all my cousins in England now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Paris and that is a steal!!! I say go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say, have a great time!! However, be careful! Way to many gypsees in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book it!!! Paris is my favorite place, we just went this past November. We flew RyanAir, and it was 100 euro round trip for 2 tickets.
    Let me know if you plan on visiting Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have to go to Paris!! what an amazing deal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris was really delicious - there is this chocolatier Damyel that we highly recommend

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm an enabler.... but i say do it do it do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm, can I go with you? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg that is too funny. you know if i could id be there with you in a second!

    ReplyDelete