Sunday, February 9, 2014

Recent Loves

Some fun things I can't get enough of lately:

Trader Joes Green Tea Mints- 

I'm pretty much a sucker for green tea flavored anything and I hate strong mints. When I was in North Carolina back in October, I saw these at the little money suck shelves by the cash register and stupidly only put one in my cart. I have been hoarding and rationing them ever since. Every time Terry would ask me for one, I would give him a bit of an evil side eye. Thank goodness my in-laws just sent us 7 packages in the mail! If you live near a Trader Joe's, you want to try these. Trust me.

Nars Lipstick in Damage-
Pretty much the perfect shade. At least on me.

Vera Bradley Emily Satchel in Bayou Blue-
Such a pretty pattern and it's been nice to get a new bag that isn't a tote. I have a terrible habit of throwing everything but the kitchen sink into my totes and then lugging them around all day long and complaining when my shoulders start to hurt.

Lilly Pulitzer Riley Infinity Loop-
I purchased this a little while ago and have been loving it. I wear a lot of solid color tops and sweaters, so a scarf is such a fun way to add some color to an outfit. I have plenty of Murfees and other scarves but this was my first infinity scarf. I was worried it would look too trendy on me since I am not a person who can pull off trends in general, but it looks really nice!

Rekorderlig Passionfruit Cider-
A friend of mine over here was telling me that this is her favorite cider. I had never heard of it so she brought me back a bottle from London. I drank it during the Opening Ceremony on Friday, and immediately wished that I had a whole case of it. It is a very pale shade, and looks almost like a flavored sparkling water in the glass, but it tastes nothing like that! It is delicious without being overly sticky sweet. This particular flavor is currently not available in the United States, but if you are in an area where it is sold (the U.K., New Zealand, Australia, and parts of Europe), I highly recommend picking up several bottles (you will want more than one, trust me!). I am trying to order a case or two before we move back to the States.

2 comments:

  1. 1) I forgot to tell you how happy I am that you're blogging again
    2) I just took a picture so I can buy those mints the next time I'm somewhere with Trader Joe's! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cider sounds delicious. and i LOVE nars damages too!!!

    ReplyDelete