Monday, August 30, 2010

I miss- take 2

Maybe it's the steroid and cough medicine high that is causing me to be up posting this entry at 3:15am instead of sleeping but I really miss the old food pyramid.
vs.
I miss the days when I could tell my mom I wanted Lucky Charms for breakfast, popcorn as a snack, 2 PB&J sandwiches for luck, a Little Debbie Fudge Brownie for dessert, pasta for dinner, and cheesecake for dessert and say that I was doing my part in being a good American because this was how the government wanted me to eat. I also miss the days when I could eat Lucky Charms, popcorn, PB&J sandwiches, Little Debbie Fudge Brownies, pasta, and cheesecake all in the same day and not gain a single ounce of weight from it. Oh to be young again. Some days, what I wouldn't give to have 11 servings of complex carbohydrates in one day and be able to fit in my jeans. (And, you know, my wedding dress.)

3 comments:

  1. I´m sitting here, eating my oats (made with water and eggwhites) and all I can say is: Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know the food pyramid changed. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete