Monday, October 17, 2011

Still here

Never left.

So far, this month has been pretty uneventful and quiet and not much for me to blog about.

*Thankfully, I am almost completely back to normal and am moving around like my old self again.

*We went to the AF Birthday Ball this past weekend (yes, on the anniversary of the Navy birthday, don't ask) and I wore heels for the first time since our wedding. We sat with two of our friends who will be moving in about a month (sniff) so it was great to sit and talk with them. I wore this dress:
with bronze shoes that I can't find a picture of online.

*Have started cooking again. As with every fall, I have once again proven my pumpkin obsession. So far this year, I have made pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Dinner tomorrow night will most likely be pumpkin pancakes with homemade cranberry butter.

*Hopefully this weekend we can go to our town's pumpkin festival. Can. Not. Wait.

*We booked our tickets for Thanksgiving Day weekend. We will be going to Manchester, UK. Nothing at all ironic about that. Still have to book a hotel though.

*Bought a 220V Crock Pot yesterday and I love it already. The one that TLS had previously was a 110V (American voltage) one so to use it over here I would have to run it on a transformer. For things like a mixer or a food processor it's not a big deal, but do leave a Crock Pot on a transformer for 6-9 hours would send our electric bill through the roof. TLS keeps asking me to make more Crock Pot dinners and I said I'd only do that if he bought me a 220V one. So he finally did. Ours came with a stoneware pot that can also be used on the stovetop or in the oven as a roaster. I love it.

*Have become addicted to Revenge. I want pretty much every single thing that Emily wears. I am a bit worried about the show's sustainability though. How many people could have possibly wronged Emily/Amanda's father to warrant more than one season?

*Have spent a lot of time (too much time) lately looking for the perfect holiday card. I want to do a photo card this year and have been having a hard time finding a good one. Everything I like is either too expensive, can't be shipped to APO addresses, or says Merry Christmas on it. (We don't celebrate Christmas and prefer to go with cards that say "Happy Holidays" instead.) What are some of your favorite places to get photo cards? Other than the obvious Snapfish, Shutterfly, Vistaprint, etc?

*In the unlikely event that someone reading this is actually able to get her hands on a bottle of this stuff, please, please, please, pretty please with a sugared cherry on top send me a bottle of it. Please.

11 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better and back to your normal routine. I know it was a long road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE Revenge too. I do, however, have the same worries you do. I hope it lasts for a long time :)

    Yay about the 220 crock pot. I adore mine, and wouldn't have even though about how much I would miss it if I was in your shoes. PTL that's taken care of!

    Erin Condren has some great Holiday cards. She's a bit pricey, but I think you would definitely find something you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not had much pumpkin yet this fall, but my grandmother makes the best pumpkin bread. Ugh so good.

    thanksgiving in UK sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where do i get that and what is it? fill me in and i will send it to you :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Manchester when I was there. Although I only remember the airport, a hotel, and the really large mall. I am loving Revenge too! It will be interesting to see where it goes after she gets totally back at everyone. However, it seems that the very beginning of the show is where it will end when the season ends so maybe they will go on from that. I just love Emily's character. She seems very genuine but she's a total b*atch when she needs to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoy "Revenge"!!! There is supposedly some interview with the creators that they already know how the show will end. There is a set roadmap. I'm searching for it now--will share it if I find it!

    Also, beautiful dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving revenge, too! Try minted and tinyprints for holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be keeping an eye out for your coffee mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are doing well - I've been wondering about you! Also loving Revenge, I think there is a ton of material for the show! And like you, I want everything Emily wears! :-)
    Have a fabulous weekend! XOXO
    www.shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pumpkin recipes too, you've been very busy cooking up a lot of them. They all sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete