Friday, July 27, 2012

G-d Save the Queen

When TLS moved from England to Germany, he brought his BBC satellite dish with him. After one unsuccessful attempt at setting it up right before I got here, it sat in our storage room for over two years never to be seen or heard from again. Until this afternoon, when he said "I wonder if I could set up my old BBC dish tonight so we can watch the Opening Ceremony live?" Wait. What? Shut the front door. This changes everything. 1) Yes please. 2) How the heck did I not know about this during the Royal Wedding???

After we got home, he spent about 30 minutes literally hanging out of our second story window (totally a smart idea when you are on Coumadin). It seemed like it was going to be a lost cause. And then I heard the sweet, sweet sound of British newscasters.

That's right. We now have BBC. In high def. Multiple channels. And with commercials! This is our first time seeing real commercials since we were back in the States for my cousin's wedding. We sat there mesmerized and channel-surfed just so that we could look for more commercials. Thank you EHarmony.com, morethan.com home insurance, BT Infinity fiberoptic broadband, andVanish Power Powder. We now get Food Network and a whole slew of other quality programming. (Gordon Ramsay, Ab Fab, etc.) As I write this, I am now on my couch watching The Bachelor UK. Please note how I have never even watched the American version of the Bachelor. Nor do I really care to. Yet, I can't tear myself from these hot tranny messes. Simply amazing. I am in awe.

I am now off to watch the Opening Ceremony. And maybe buy a treadmill on sale for the low price of 350£. Also, forgive my absence for the next week. I will be busy sitting on my couch, eating pistachios and catching up on the Olympics and Lord knows what else. Good thing we just bought a new couch.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. while i am so sorry this wasn't there for you for the royal wedding i am SO glad it was there for the opening ceremony.

    i LOVE the olympics. love love love. and pistachios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! I lived in Germany for a bit myself and was so excited when I would get to watch more 'normal' tv somewhere! Enjoy it and the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy he thought about his dish and I am so glad it worked! That is so neat!

    ReplyDelete