Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend Craziness

I had intended for this to be a post chock full of pictures from all of the Christmas markets we've been to and things we did over the weekend, but the universe had other plans for me. Yesterday, while we were at the Trier Christmas market, my iPhone was stolen out of my coat pocket. I am not shocked at all that this happened, the market was beyond packed and it was impossible to move around so it really was a pickpocketer's dream. TLS tried using "Find my iPhone" to locate it, but it only works if the phone is in a data connection at the time, and whoever took it, turned the phone off.

I am beyond upset for several reasons. First of all, I am seriously hoping that our renters' insurance will cover the phone because needless to say, we don't have several hundred Euros to spend on a new phone at the moment. Second of all, I had a lot of pictures on the phone that weren't on the cloud, so I am upset about losing them. Third of all, I am a chronic listmaker. I had lists on my phone of things to buy at the store, packages I was expecting, packages to send out, holiday cards to send out, etc. Now, I feel lost without my phone. I am trying to recreate the notes in my planner, but am having some difficulty doing so, which is making me very flustered and upset. To add insult to injury, I bought myself a cute iPhone case at the Kate Spade cyber sale which is supposed to come this week. Oh the irony.

I have been beyond upset and trying not to cry since this happened and in need of cheering up. Has this ever happened to you? Were you able to get it replaced through your homeowners' or renters' insurance?

10 comments:

  1. Dislike. =( If you guys are using USAA they are amazing. If there is any way they can help out they will. Let me know if you need anything other than a gazillion Euros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry sweetie. Hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. :( I would be very upset as well, and I hope the theif turns it on and you're able to find it. Good luck! And try to cheer up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this!! What a terrible feeling. This happened to my sister when she worked at the mall - her phone was stolen out of her purse in the back room. She was able to get it partially paid for through homeowners insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How crappy! And what a terrible time of year. Hopefully you can get something from your renter's.

    Hope your Christmas season improves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you had any luck yet? Would love to know if you have heard from them!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh that is the worst! And right around the holidays :( I think losing the photos you had on there is the hardest part. I hope your insurance covers it.

    ReplyDelete