Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Rabbit Rabbit!

Rabbit Rabbit!


Happy New Year and Happy 2013. How was your New Years Eve?
As always, all bunny pictures are from Daily Bunny.

This month, TLS and I are finally going back to the States for the first time since our wedding just over 1.5 years ago. We are going to visit his parents in North Carolina for a few days then are flying North for the winter to visit my parents and attend a dear friend's wedding. I am so excited to finally go back to America and do all of the things I have missed. As always. my to-do list for the States resembles a to-eat list. I will spare y'all the complete list. In addition to the usual seeing family/friends things, here are some things I'm looking forward to this month.

*Shake Shack- this one deserves its own entry.
*Ulta- we don't have one in NYC and I am looking forward to looking around and walking away with some nail polish and other goodies. I have been reading a nail polish blog recently and have made a wishlist of OPI and Essie polishes that I "need" to get.
*Target- a couple of months ago, I had a dream that I was in Target. That's how much we miss it.
*Getting my hair done- it's been so long since I've gotten it done and it looks awful (in my opinion at least). I can't wait to have straight hair again.
*Reasonably priced mani/pedis- (white girl problems, I know) Manicures in Germany are bananas expensive and are just not as good as American ones. I hate having to pay between 19-23€ for a mediocre manicure so I don't get them as often as I'd like.
*Tacky Gift  Exchange- this is an annual tradition within the New York City Alpha Sigma Alpha alumnae chapter. You bring the tackiest gift that someone gave you (or buy one within the $10-15 range) and bring it. We hold it in a bar I love (The Trailer Park Lounge) and have a lot of fun laughing at everyone's bad gifts and drinking margaritas. This year, the chapter scheduled the gift exchange to coincide with my trip so I could attend. I was fortunate to get lovely gifts this year, but did buy the perfect gift for the exchange and I can not wait to see the look on the face of the alumna who gets it. (I won't post what it is before the exchange so as not to ruin the surprise in case anyone who is attending the exchange reads this, but if you are curious as to what it is, email me and I'll tell you.)
*Starbucks/Crumbs cupcakes/Gray's Papaya hot dogs/Zabar's/Korean BBQ/etc.
*Riding public transportation- I don't drive and miss the ease and convenience of having a good public transportation system.
*Flying Again- to me, takeoff and landing are two of the greatest feelings in the world and I love flying as much as I can.
*Les Mis- It's not out in Germany yet, so I'm hoping we can go see it in the States.
*Book of Mormon- if we can get tickets, that is.
*Meeting Sarah of Bellevue Newport- I'm hoping she can make it to NYC for lunch or tea or shopping while I'm there.
*Forever 21- I love looking on their website for cute headbands, but their ridiculous APO flat rate shipping charges of $12 means that it's not ever worth it for me to order from there. I am looking forward to just being able to go into the store and pick out something I like and walk out with it. 

What are you looking forward to this month?

And one more thing- in Germany, it's considered good luck to see a chimney sweep on January 1st, so here's ours to bring all of you good luck.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Can't wait to follow your stateside adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the tacky gift exchange tradition!! that sounds like a lot of fun - and a great way to get rid of an icky gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very exciting trip coming up! Can't wait to read about all of your fun stateside!

    ReplyDelete