Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thank You and a Request

I want to thank all of my readers for your kind words of support and prayers yesterday. I am truly touched at all of the emails and comments I received, and consider myself fortunate to have "met" all of you. I was let go along with about 20 other people as part of a massive restructuring, so I know that it was nothing personal or having to do with my job, but it still hurts.

Maybe it's because The Sound of Music was my favorite movie when I was little, but I have always been a fan of the saying "when the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." I feel like that right now. Several of you have messaged me asking if I need any help right now. As you may have picked up on my frequent posting, I love to write. For a while now, I have wanted to get into freelance writing. I have written a few articles on the side, and it's something that I want to do while I look for a job. If any of you hear of any freelance opportunities through your professional or personal circles, can you please keep me in mind and let me know?

Thank you once again to all of you for all of your support.

11 comments:

  1. I was let go last year, so I know how you are feeling. Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find something soon! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea to make what you love doing into an opportunity. best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the freelancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck! I have been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep your chin up! i was let go last year and it took me 10 months to get a job. but i was positive and made it work ... and it was a great learning experience!

    when one door closes another one ALWAYS opens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you and for this country! We somehow need to turn things around. This economy has got to get better. I do hope that you find something...I hope that something is work you will love doing! Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know we are both thinking of you Miss Flip Flops, and holding you in our prayers as well.

    Hugs,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck...sending lots of good thoughts your way xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will let you know if I hear of anything! Have you checked with small newspapers in your area? Sometimes they have contract work that you can submit for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey! i did some freelance work last year for the Independent -- it's an online magazine for the independent film industry. Also wrote for Dancing Meatballs -- try contacting both of those places. Both were unpaid, but if you're really interested in writing it could help you get your foot in the door.

    ReplyDelete