Saturday, November 14, 2009

trip recap finally

This trip was much more relaxed and not as fast-paced as my last one. I only ended up taking one picture from this trip (of the outside of Harrods all lit up with green lights) and we spent a lot more time just relaxing and playing Wii. (I am now up to level 30 on Cradle of Rome.) We spent a day on one of the bases and spent a few days in London. We went to go see Avenue Q one of the nights. I already saw it back when it was on Broadway a while ago and I wanted TLS to go see it because I knew he'd enjoy it. It is absolutely hysterical and very much not your traditional musical. If you have the chance to go see it, I highly recommend it. While we were in London, I kept on seeing posters everywhere for Love Never Dies which nearly broke my heart. When I first heard about this monstrosity, I had really hoped that Andrew Lloyd Weber would change his mind and stop the project midway. The idea that Phantom of the Opera could ever take place in Coney Island is downright upsetting. But I digress. TLS was not able to get leave for one of the days that I was there and had to go to work. I spent the day just sleeping in, playing Wii (level 30 of Cradle of Rome in less than a day), and cooking. I made sloppy joes for dinner with a homemade pumpkin pie for dessert. Being there actually gave me a better understanding of what life in Europe will be like. There are a lot of small things that you don't even think about. In England and the rest of the EU, the smallest bill is roughly $8, so naturally, people always have a lot of coins on them. TLS told me that I would have to get a coin purse, and I didn't really pay it much attention until I had to go to the store to buy some last-minute ingredients for dinner. All of the pound coins that we had would not fit into my wallet, so I had to put them in a ziploc bag. I was sure that the cashier was going to ask me if I robbed a 5 year old girl for the contents of her piggy bank, but she didn't bat an eye. Also, it was a bit weird for me being up for hours and it already being lunch time and reading everyone's tweets saying how they were only just getting up. Now I know how TLS feels every time we talk. Also, I am a huge Taylor Swift fan and just had to watch her host SNL. (I still have the monologue song stuck in my head. Who's with me?) Of course, we had to wait until Sunday to watch it, and since Hulu is not available outside of the United States, we had to download it, which took nearly the whole day. I miss England and TLS terribly and wish that I could go back before February.

Thank you to everyone who entered my giveaway. TLS was not expecting this many entries and I had to explain to him that yea, girls care about things like stuffed animals. As promised, he picked the giveaway winner, so congratulations to:
xoxo sarabeth!
Email me at whaleflipflops {@} gmail {.} com so I can get Rufus out to you in time for the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Taylor Swift was the best! And it is STILL stuck in my head. Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete