Monday, January 11, 2010

Desperately Seeking Makeover

This blog is nearing its one year benchmark, and it is high time that it got a facelift. I tried working with the Blog Fairy in the past, but did not like any of the layouts that she created for me. Then, I was contacted by Mud Duck Studio asking if she could make me a free layout in exchange for free press on my blog. I readily agreed, and she created a wonderful layout. Then, she fell off the face of the earth and stopped responding to my emails and never completed the layout.

I am now again searching for some one to create a layout for me. I have been recommended a few sites, but from what I've seen of their previous work, they are all a little too cartoony and cluttered for me. The ones that are not cartoony are simply too much money. Unfortunately, I am still unemployed and have had absolutely no luck whatsoever in finding a job and simply cannot spend $100+ for a layout.

Since my readership has grown recently, I'm asking all of you to be my eyes and for recommendations of sites that you have seen/used in the past. Also, if any of you are designers and can create a layout for me, or are willing to give me a discount in exchange for publicity on this blog, please email me at whaleflipflops {@} gmail {.} com.

Thanks so much in advance!

13 comments:

  1. I'm about to use a girl from Etsy named Kramey Martin. She does it all for $30. A friend recommended her to me as she just did hers, which I think is fantastic. Check out her Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/krameymartin... my friend is in her profile. The blog is Little Miss Southern.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, check her blog. That has better info. http://krameymartindesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried cutestblogontheblock.com?
    hotbliggityblog.com?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Blog facelifts are so fun, best of luck, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emailing you, but to answer your question on my blog -- I'd be happy to help. As long as you have some ideas. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! I'm in dyer need of a blog make over too. I'm so bummed I didn't get to see you in NYC. Next time I go back I promise to let you know. Hopefully I'll be doing a book event soon. Cross your fingers for me! xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently redid my blog, using a layout from cutestblogontheblock.com and shabbyblogs.com - love the way it came out! It took a bit of legwork but totally worth it (though I am still out for a bit of a makeover myself).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I was wondering whether you are interested in selling your hair accessory (which I have emailed you about). Please drop me a line even if you aren't interested. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used A Southern Accent (http://southernstuf.blogspot.com/) and she did mine for $25 or $30. I wanted something not so cluttery or cartoony either, and really like what she did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have used Sneaky Momma blog design in the past and loved her! She is incredibly reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish we could help, but we're absolute neophytes in this area! And it sounds like you are getting some good input.

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Lord, I need a blog makeover! Mine is still a do-it-yourself style, by moi! I'll have to check out Mrs. Smith's rec. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete