Monday, January 18, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the way to Lilly Pulitzer

Yesterday, I met up for brunch at Atlantic Grill with my friend TLD. After brunch, we decided to stop by the Lilly townhouse and Michael's. It was pouring outside and TLD didn't have an umbrella with her so she stopped by Ricky's to get a cheap $4 one. When we got to Lilly, we placed our umbrellas in the stand by the door and went upstairs to load up on stationery and cookie cutters. As we were leaving the store, we went to the umbrella stand to retrieve our umbrellas and hers was gone! Another customer had taken it (ours were the only two umbrellas in the stand so it's not like some one mistook it for her umbrella). Who does that? The ladies at the store felt bad so they let TLD take one of the store's umbrellas. I now have a huge pink stick umbrella that says "Lilly Pulitzer 1020 Madison Avenue NYC" on it in my apartment. TLD and I could not stop laughing over this.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rude! But so sweet of the store to let you have one of theirs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe someone would do that. But it is very nice of them to give one to you. . . I bet it's cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noo!! How sweet of them to give you one though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Who does that!?!? How awful! And it was very nice of them to give you one of theirs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame the umbrella 'disappeared'! But on an up note, it sounds like the one they gave you is distinctive!

    Hope your back is better & you had fun baking!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people....ugh! But so nice of the store, might be tempted to keep it. Sounds cute! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well! Wasn't that just the tackiest thing ever?!??! Clearly they hadn't any manners. Thank goodness you were at Lilly and they took care of you directly with an umbrella loan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you didn't get stuck in the rain without an umbrella!

    I have sent you an email with the subject "Headband". Please take a look and let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe someone took the umbrella! Gotta love getting a pink Lilly one though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always paranoid about someone stealing my umbrella (I guess that's the price you pay for having a cute umbrella!). Last time I was at that Lilly store it was raining and I got one of those huge pink umbrellas. I am still not sure how they let me carry it onto an airplane!

    ReplyDelete