Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Wings Recipe

I should start this off by saying that I am not a recipe person. Whenever I start cooking or baking something, I always have to have a recipe with me as a safety net. Halfway through, I abandon the recipe and just do my own thing. "Oh this calls for 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, yea let's do 2 tsp." I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

With all that said and done, I got a few recipe requests for the Sweet and Spicy Wings that I made for dinner last night. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It is delicious and really easy to make and you can make it well in advance and freeze it.

1 lb. chicken wings cut in half
11 tbsp. soy sauce
1 small can (6 oz.) size of pineapple juice
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2-3 cloves minced garlic
dash or two of ginger
Tabasco sauce- as much as you can possibly handle.

Boil the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and ginger. Add in Tabasco to taste. TLS likes Tabasco a lot so I always end up putting a lot in. Don't make it too spicy to the point where you can't taste the sugar and juice though. Add in two cloves of minced garlic. Arrange wings on a pan and pour marinade over them. Marinade for 24 hours. Bake at 350 degrees basting every 10 minutes. Enjoy! (And serve with a lot of napkins as these are very sticky.)

6 comments:

  1. yum!! thanks for the recipe lovie.. xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to make these for my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing! And I'm with you girl, bring on the Tabasco!! :) I'm a Louisiana baby and have grown up with it all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wanting some wings after you were tweeting about them yesterday. This recipe sounds oh so yummy and we will definitely try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmy! I looooove wings and that recipe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those sound sooo good . . . and i'm a vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete