Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Desperately Seeking Shaker

A couple of months ago, I saw these adorable salt and pepper shakers at the Lego store in Frankfurt.
I love fun and whimsical salt and pepper shakers and they are just dorky and fun enough for me. At only 5€, I was ready to buy them on the spot but TLS convinced me to wait. He said that we could always come back for them, they weren't going anywhere, and they might go on sale. From 5€. Seriously.

So the salt and pepper shakers got put down. When TLS went back there to get them for me for Hannukah, they were no longer in stock. They are sold out on both the German and American websites and a recent trip to the Lego store in Cologne taught us that they are sold out completely in Germany. There is not a single set in the entire country.

Obviously, I was not happy with this news and this has only made me want them even more. I have found them for sale on a few slightly shady websites (most are used and I am not ok with buying used). They are for sale on Amazon.com but I just cannot justify spending around $17-18 after shipping on an item that originally cost $5/5€. If anyone reading this desperate plea for help lives near a Lego store, can you please please please check to see if they still have a set in stock? Either of the ones above or of these faces one:
Same story, sold out here and online.

I will pay you for the shakers and shipping and will probably send you some German chocolate in return. Pretty please.

9 comments:

  1. hey check this out on ebay. I order on ebay all the time. these are new!

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lego-Salt-Pepper-Kitchen-Christmas-Gift-Free-Xmas-Free-/220701711225?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3362d8db79

    shipping is free. dont know how much this translate into as far as your money goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boo. I wish you had posted this sooner. I was in Chicago on Monday and could have checked :( Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to help you, but my hubby has been searching for salt & pepper shakers, and I don't like the ones at the BX, and I LOVE the first set you showed - the are the perfect cute/classy combination. The faces are awesome, too, but are a little more quirky, and normally I love quirky, but I've discovered I've gotten really OCD about my kitchen. So what I'm trying to say is... you have some competeition! Haha, jkjk, we have plenty on our list of things to buy that trumps salt & pepper shakers! I hope you track them down, soon. And also, I def. want to go to Cologne if only to go to the Lego store!! They have a Legoland somewhere in Germany, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the way it always is? You think "I don't really need that right this second" (or someone tell you that and you listen), AND THEN...you can't stop thinking about them. And you can't ever find them again. And you remember it for like 20 years.

    I sure hope you find the S/P shakers. If not, I have a feeling TLS is never going to hear the end of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so great! My childhood was basically centered around legos. Thats all i got every christmas for years...i should stop in a lego store and see what cool things they have now

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I will check next time I am in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had some luck!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh goodness -- so sorry to hear you still haven't found them!! i will keep my eyes peeled at our local lego store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you still looking for these. I have an extra set. Was tidying up and found these in an old box. I lived in Denmark 5 years ago and must have bought them then. Can send you a picture if you like.

    ReplyDelete