Thursday, December 30, 2010

What I Learned in 2010

*That being unemployed does not have to diminish my self-worth.
*That even when I don't have to make them for work, I really do enjoy making spreadsheets.
*That an engagement ring will match every outfit in your closet beautifully.
*That a good wedding planner is worth every penny.
*That after years of being self-conscious about my appearance, I am finally really happy with the way I look in glasses.
*That you never know who's reading your blog.
*That some of your dearest friends can be ones you have never met, and that's normal.
*That a big white bow on a little blue box can instantly brighten your day.
*That I love Petit Bateau shirts as much at 27 as I did at 12. If not more.
*That it's ok to find the makeup products that work for you and stick with them and not leave with the entire Sephora inventory in one shopping trip.
*That the garlic fries at Yankee stadium are delicious.
*That after 6 months of living in Europe, not to buy a box of Whitman's chocolates just because of the adorable Snoopy on the box, because they will taste awful.
*That it's just not a good idea to get 4 packs of monogrammed notecards 6 months before your initials are about to change.
*That some birds can be really, really angry.

12 comments:

  1. sounds like a great year! can't wait to hear what 2011 has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post! You said some really great & meaningful things. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!
    "an engagement ring will match every outfit in your closet beautifully" = SO true!!!

    happy new year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could NOT agree more about the little blue box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, loved your list! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats Okay about the stationary because you can use that for all of your bridal showers and hanakuh/christmas gifts you have received and or if they are super swirly you can use until you have run out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! :-) And use those notecards up girl!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "an engagement ring will match every outfit in your closet beautifully" - swoon... someday my prince will come, right??

    ReplyDelete