Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack

Thank you to everyone for your sweet messages and well-wishes. I am finally back in Germany. I arrived here yesterday and let me tell you that I now know exactly why they say that you're not supposed to fly with a sinus infection. Ouch. Painful. I had to bring back the top layer of our wedding cake with me, and let me just say that I do not remember our cake being that heavy! (Says the girl who didn't lift her cake at all except to eat it. Tasty.) What also didn't help was the fact that my mother bought me a Zabar's cooler bag and 10 (!!!) ice packs. Thanks for that. In all fairness, I have to say that the cake did arrive surprisingly intact. The pretty sugar flowers at the top were no longer pretty and no longer flowers but considering this thing had been dragged lovingly carried through 3 different airports, I thought it looked pretty good. (For anyone who is about to ask, I am working on getting pictures up, and will post some on here eventually.) I can't wait to finally see the professional pictures.

After TLS flew back to Germany, my mother decided to take me to see a Broadway show. She must have missed me saying "I'm only interested in seeing a musical" about a 101 times because she got us tickets to a play. Born Yesterday with Jim Belushi. It got great reviews and was supposedly really funny, but for me it was summarized by my mother repeating the words "I need vodka" all throughout the first act and utter boredom on my part. At least I got Twizzlers during the second act to play with. (Yea, not the greatest theatrical masterpiece of my life.) All I could think was "when are they going to spontaneously break out into song and dance?" Seriously. I'm only interested in seeing musicals.


I'm sure I had more to say here, but I'm a bit medicated and my head feels like it's going to explode so I will sign off here. Just wanted to let y'all know that I am slowly catching up on my reader and haven't forgotten y'all.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got back safe. Feel better and I agree only musicals for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! And I am glad the top of the cake arrived pretty intact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and welcome home married lady! So glad you're back in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatons! Can't wait to see photos. And I am super impressed that the cake make it back to Germany intact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad to hear your cake arrived relatively unharmed and can't wait for the wedding recap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Props to you for getting your cake back here!!! We didn't even try, and as a result, our top layer is sitting in the freezer of my sister's house in Illinois. Our first anniversary is in 4 days, and we won't get to indulge in that delicious cake, so I really hope that's not bad luck, considering we didn't know how to attempt to bring it here (along with everything else) last year. One day, we will eat it again, and I can't wait! Sorry you're sick, but feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your blog, I'm following!

    Would love you to enter my CHANEL giveaway:

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/05/chanel-giveaway-no2.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see photos!!! feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete