Friday, May 20, 2011

It's finally here

Oh. My. G-d.

In less than 48 hours, I will be Mrs. TLS. Right now, I should be packing up all of our things that we have to bring to the hotel tomorrow. And trust me, there are plenty. (TLS's uniform, our ketubah, bridal party gifts, out of town guest gift bags, guest book, glass for breaking, kiddush cup, and I could go on with this list for another hour or so.)

Instead I am sitting watching Four Weddings on TLC (even though I hate the premise of this show) and eating fruit salad. We had a bit of excitement today over at Casa MRM- my mother was going to get her nails done, as she stepped off the curb, a driver was rounding the corner at full speed, didn't see her, and hit her! In true mommy fashion, she waited until about 2-3 hours in the ER before calling me. Thankfully, Mama M got away with only a lot of bruises and scrapes but no broken bones or head injury. The witnesses who saw it happen said that they thought for sure she was going to go right away at the impact, so someone up there was definitely watching over her today. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. She is in a lot of pain and is having some difficulty moving. The doctors said that tomorrow will be the worst pain day for her tomorrow. She did make sure that everyone in the ER knew that her only daughter was getting married on Sunday and she needed the strongest painkillers under the sun to make sure that she could be there. She got 'em. Now, she is upset that she wasn't able to get her nails done and that she can't wear her original shoes that she got for the wedding. Thankfully, this is her biggest worry right now, and not something much, much worse.

Two more wedding related random posts:
1) A sweet friend decided to stop by my mommy's house and surprise me with a pre-wedding card and a fruit salad. Instantly brightened my whole day. Thank you so much Chani. I love you for this and many more reasons.
2) Also, why is it that every single girl who goes on Say Yes to the Dress starts off her monologue with "I'm ______ and I'm here at Kleinfeld to find my perfect wedding dress." You're in a wedding dress shop. What else would you be doing? Ordering the Big Mac special?

Back to packing.

11 comments:

  1. How exciting! Glad your Mom is ok. Remember to ENJOY yourself tomorrow-it is your day after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mama M! So glad she is okay! Also very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg,your poor mother! So glad she is okay, will be at your wedding. Which I can't believe is in less than 48 hours!! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your mom is OK!! Praying for you to have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I also hate the premise of 4 Weddings. The girls are so mean and snarky to each other. Yuck! I hope your mom is okay! I am so SO so excited for you. Enjoy it, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! I can't wait to see a picture of you from your wedding day! You'd better post one!!! I'm sending speedy-recovery wishes for your sweet mama. Hug her for all of blog-land! ENJOY the next few days!!! (And you haven't mentioned honeymoon!!! Any idea where you guys are jetting off to!?) XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your mother is okay! Good luck today and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want you to know that I'm jumping around my flat screaming my BF is married! So happy for you and TLS! I hope your day was everything you dreamed it to be and so much more! Can't wait to hear all about it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope everything went well!! can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to the Mr. & Mrs.! Hope you're enjoying each other!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo... I saw the title and all I could think of was the stupid "commercial" on AFN when the southern girl goes, "He's here! He's finally here!" and the guys shows up in tacky clothes and she slams the door in his face. Yeah. That's how my brain works. HAH!

    I do hope your wedding went well! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete