Thursday, November 17, 2011

where I've been

I have been one hot, emotional mess lately.

Those of you who follow me on twitter know by now that we found out last week that TLS will be deploying in March. We knew it could happen, but I was still hoping for the best. He will be missing both our birthdays and our anniversary.

I don't do well with change and have been really stressed out lately. If you remember from right before I moved here a year and a half ago (has it really been that long? geez!) that every single little thing, good or bad, made me cry. This time around, it hasn't been much different. I started crying, a lot, when TLS first told me. I stopped, but didn't feel any happier. The tiniest little thing would set me over the edge. I found a moth hole in the sleeve of my favorite Lilly Pulitzer sweater (pink with a navy elephant outline on the side) and I started crying over that. I started crying over not getting my new duvets in time. Over banging my toe and ruining my pedicure. Over running out of hot cocoa. And the list goes on and on and on.

I finally decided to ignore the world today, refuse to get out of bed, and have a pity party with Snoopy and Teddy. My face is all red puffy and I look like a hot mess. I'm sure I will feel better about this later on, but right now I feel emotionally drained. Several of you have sent me emails that I have not responded to. If you are one of them, please don't take it personally. Once I am feeling more like myself, I will respond to my messages. I promise.

11 comments:

  1. Aww, I know how you feel! I've been through 2 deployments so far and have another one coming up soon. If you ever need to talk, drop me an e-mail. Also, there are two great books out by Lily Burana(I Love a Man in Uniform) and Alison Buckholtz (Standing By) that you might like. :) -Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can do is tell you I am sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts. And many thanks to your wonderful hubby for serving our country. XOXO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am also really horrible with dealing with change, especially when it involves people leaving your life.

    he's doing this all for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you and your husband lots of happy thoughts. Keep snuggling with Snoopy and Teddy and see if you can find a way to make a cupcake appear (they tend to make things better, even if for just a little bit).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me, I was no different, and the days (and weeks) around his leave date, I was even worse. I still have days that anything sets me off. We'll be in Germany January-end of May, so please, take advantage of me once I'm back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and sending happy thoughts your way as well as safe ones for TLS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have those days.. hope you feel better doll

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad to hear that-- we've all been there. Take all the time you need!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hon, I don't have the right words to tell you how much I respect your courageous husband and yourself for the sacrifices y'all are making for our country. You deserve time to take all the information in and process it in any way you choose. Don't let anyway bring you down for doing so. I'm sending out your Hanukkah gifty box next week. Let me know if I can add anything to it that might aid in you feeling better! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEnding hugs your way. I've been thinking about you. Hope it's a very happy thanksgiving full of time together!

    ReplyDelete