Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Facts About Yours Truly

Copying this fun questionnaire from Dollface.

1) If you had been born a boy, do you know what your parents planned on naming you?
Michael. My whole family was convinced that I was going to be a boy. Convinced. They picked the name out after my great-grandfather who passed away before I was born. (It is a Jewish custom to name babies after the deceased.) They got the shock of their lives when I came out. I was also three weeks early so they weren't expecting me quite yet. When my father called my Nana to tell her, she said "why are you calling? what's wrong?" and he said "nothing's wrong I just wanted to congratulate you on the birth of your granddaughter." Her immediate response was "why not a grandson?" Oy.
2) What is your favorite book of all time?
The 101 Most Influential People who Never Lived

Hysterical and very insightful.
3) If you could have lunch with one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Reese Witherspoon because in my mind, she is one of the few celebrity women who can do no wrong. I love everything she does or says just about.
4) Did you go Greek in college? If so, which house? .

Alpha Sigma Alpha. Aspire. Seek. Attain.
5) Sweet or salty?
Both.
6) Do you prefer to make a phone call or send a text?
I used to hate talking on the phone with the exception of a select few people. I hated when people who drag out conversations. For me, it was always like "just tell me what you need to say and then get off the phone." Texting all the way. Since moving overseas, I've gotten to appreciate phone calls to my friends and family back home a lot more. Now when I do have phone calls, they are a lot longer.
7) What is your favorite flower?
Hydrangeas, Peonies, and Cala Lilies. I used all three in my wedding bouquet.

8) Did you have an American Girl Doll as a child?
I had Samantha Parkington and she was spoiled rotten. I'm pretty sure that her clothes cost more than mine did at the time. (Gap Kids always has sales. Pleasant Company- back when the dolls were actually owned by Pleasant Company- not so much.) It broke my heart a little when she was discontinued.
I begged for years before my parents finally got me her. She was my favorite because she had the prettiest dresses and wore giant bows and came with a plaid dress. So much has changed.
9) What is your favorite white wine and favorite red wine varietal? 
I generally prefer white wines to reds. I'm spoiled that the region of Germany we live in makes great wines and we're not too far from the Mosel region! My favorites are Riesling Halbtrocken (semi-sweet wines) and Bacchus. For reds, my new obsession is Dornfelder. It's a German red that's sweet but not overly so. I'm sad that it's not that easy to get in the States. A friend who moved back to the States advised us to bring back a crate of it when we move back!
10) What is your favorite quote?
I am not going to tag anyone in this one, but feel free to answer it on your own blogs (or in the comments section below if you don't have a blog) and let me know if you do. I would love to learn more about you!

4 comments:

  1. ahh so funny I was an AEA member too :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Molly McIntire and still do, she lives in my sewing room! My heart will break if she's ever retired...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Kirsten doll. And I think I still have her. I also have the original GT 20, which looked "just like me!" haha!

    ReplyDelete