Monday, June 4, 2012

Camera Bag Help

I have been wanting a DSLR camera for a long time, and my parents agreed to buy me one for my birthday this year. At this point, I am about 95% positive that I will be going with Canon EOS Rebel T3.
While I wait for my birthday (and my new toy), I have been doing the fun task of online window-shopping for a camera bag. I know I want something pretty and "me" and not just a plain black Lowepro case. I have found a few options that I love, the downside being that I haven't seen any of them in person. If anyone has any experience with any of these bags, I would love to hear your opinions. Or, if there is a different camera bag that you use that you think I should take a look at, please let me know.


Kelly Moore Bags:
Love the color options and styles available here. I appreciate the fact that these look like regular handbags and don't scream "look at me, I have an expensive camera" from like a mile away. These are the styles that I'm leaning towards now.
B-Hobo Bag in Teal ($169)




2 Sues Bag in Raspberry ($199)




I love that both of these bags have sections for iPads. Huge plus. Both of these are out of stock online but should be in stock before I get my camera, so that's not a huge issue. Plus, it looks like Amazon has the hobo bag in stock.

Epiphanie Bags
Clover Bag in Camel ($184.99)




Much like the Kelly Moore bags, these look like real purses and have spots for things like keys, wallet, iPad, etc. Really like the braided straps on this one.

Jo Totes
Betsy bag in Chocolate ($109)




Gracie Bag in Greige ($119)




Am I missing something? Since when is "Greige" a color? Sounds uber-pretentious. The bag is nice though. I would probably call it something else. All credibility is lost when one uses the word Greige. (I have now used Greige three times in this one post. Make that four.)

Vera Bradley
Camera Bag in Priscilla Pink ($65)




This bag has a few pros and cons.
Pros:
*The price. I love the fact that it is less than $100. The BX here carries Vera Bradley, so it's even cheaper than MSRP.
*I love the pattern. I have the large duffle in it and would love to get more things in it.
*I've seen it in person so I know exactly what I'm getting here.
*If I can find it at the BX, then I can avoid having to worry about shipping times and costs.

Cons:
*The bag is small. Unlike all of the other bags I posted here, this is the only one that fits only the camera and an extra lens and nothing else. This means I would have to carry another bag on me for things like my sunglasses, wallet, phone, keys, etc. and I'm not sure I want to do that.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. those are great options! I have that exact same camera and I use a medium longchamp bag to tote it around. I love that it is simple and can also be broken down when I am using the camera and don't need to lug the bag around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Epiphany Clover, and I love it for travel... but hate it for shooting. When I go anywhere, it's a fantastic bag to hold my laptop (I have the larger version of the bag), my camera, multiple lenses, a flash, and other necessities. It's really big and heavy though, and I find it SO incredibly burdensome to actually walk around and take pictures with it. I use a Buit NY neoprene cross-body bag when I'm actually out taking pictures because I think it's 1000% easier to carry, easier to actually take pictures without a giant bulky bag in the way, and far more comfortable. I think that functional camera bags look like camera bags for a reason, and handbag-style camera bags are... well... more like a handbag, and far less shooting friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a Kelly Moore bag, but a girl at work does and was showing it to me the other day. It's the same style as the one you had posted, and it looked like it had tons of room. You could also rearrange the "compartments" in the bag to accommodate a larger or smaller lens. She is able to use it as a purse and a camera bag, and I think it had enough room to carry two lenses around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the second and third ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like having a smaller compact camera bag. In london, it was nice to have the smallest bag possible to gran and go. It's a lot easier to get in and out of. The practical side of me would be worried that if your bigger camera bag was ever stolen, your purse items would be too. Just something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the teal hobo! I love it, it's one I could see myself using... If I wasn't already toting around a diaper bag =\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post just started the blog world this week. Please check me out at sweatandasundress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I am a new fan! Love your blog!

    PS - Adore the clover bag!

    -Amy
    http://bedesignsllc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried the "handbag" type of camera bags and I have tried camera bags and the only brand that I have found continually to be both practical and looks decent is a Crumpler camera bag. It is a messenger style and it is durable.

    Like the Sugar Scientist says, the functional camera bags look like that for a reason!

    ReplyDelete