Monday, June 25, 2012

Randoms

*This weekend T and I went to a Marc Chagall exhibit that was held in our town. The Episcopalian (I think) Church had an exhibit of 42 of his prints that were based on scenes from the Bible. I am a huge fan of Chagall's work and enjoyed it immensely. The works there were for sale. It's a shame I didn't have an extra 1,000+€ burning a hole in my wallet, because there were a few pieces there that I could not stop looking at and would have loved nothing more than to have them hanging in my house.
*My cousin gave birth to a little boy. This is the first baby in that side of our family and we are all so excited for her! And I am speaking completely objectively here when I say that he is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.
*We finally bought a new couch! (Thank you mom and dad for the super awesome anniversary gift.) That was only half the battle apparently because the delivery company apparently has no record of this and can't deliver us the couch until we do. Lovely.
*I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this on here or not, but dogs pretty much have more rights than children do in Germany. Germans really love their dogs and it's pretty common to see them in restaurants and cafes and shops. Some places even give out little doggie treats. (I wish stores would give me a chocolate chip cookie for being a hungry Masha.) Every time I go downtown, I see more dogs than humans half the time. As someone who desperately wants a puppy or a bunny but can't, it's a little amusing and a little heartbreaking at the same time. I really feel like I need a puppy to make my shopping experience in Germany complete.
*Speaking of bunnies, days like this, I love Germany.
Yes, that is a bunny just hanging out right outside of H&M. Brilliant marketing H&M. Brilliant.
*Every.Single.Time. I go downtown it seems like there is a new tea shop or a new place to buy bubble tea in the area. Bubble tea is Germany's biggest food trend since the schnitzel. McDonald's even started selling bubble tea. (For the record- the teas there are overpriced and way too sweet. Not worth it.) I saw an ice cream shop that sells bubble ice cream. Dead serious. I told TLS that if I ever see the bubble jagerschnitzel, I'm moving to Canada.
*This is the summer of Tervis tumblers. I asked for roughly 39393093738 of them for my birthday. (Slight exaggeration, but not by as much as you'd think.) Just in time for my birthday, Tervis came out with this gem.
How considerate of them. Thank you Tervis.
*We made reservations to Edelweiss for a weekend trip for my birthday. Now I just have to figure out if I want a Swedish or Hot Stone massage. Which should I go for?

3 comments:

  1. My dachshunds and I would like to tour Germany, pronto!

    That bunny is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw cute seahorse Tervis. They have so many designs now!

    That bunny is adorable! We saw a bunch of baby bunnies on the golf course in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know so many bloggers who have mentioned Tervis over the last little bit...I really need to invest in one!

    And yes, move to Canada! It's great here!!

    ReplyDelete