Thursday, February 12, 2009

the cupcake wars

Ladies, I have decided to devote next week to my undying love of cupcakes. I am going to travel around the city and try all of the places that are deemed to have the so-called best cupcakes in New York, including my personal favorites, to find out what the true Best Cupcake in New York is. On Monday the 23rd, I will post a lengthy post reviewing each place. If there are any places that you have been to and think I need to try, or if you don't live in NY and want to live vicariously through me, post them here and I will make sure that they make it on my list.


May the best carbohydrate win!

10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - where are you going??? Last time I was in NYC I went on a quest for the best cupcake but gave up because I ran out of time. :) Can't wait to read this! I LOVE cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to go to magnolias! and i forget the name, but maybe you can find it, but magnolias baking partner left and started their own company, and they are really similar but i almost like them better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called Buttercup Bakeshop. I've been there before but it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Cupcake Safari, how great.

    I love Babycakes Bakeshop. It's in SoHo. It is a vegan bakery, don't be scared. I was, mostly because things like vegan, gluten free, sugar free equal repulsion, but I was SO pleasntly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE let us know the conclusion of this. I love your blog, just came across it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Crumbs is on your list! Sooo delicious, and right near my school...lemme know, I'll meet you for a cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and if you end up going to the vegan one someone above mentioned, I'm very curious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugar Sweet Sunshine! Downtown on Rivington. So good. Very chill place.

    ReplyDelete