Thursday, February 5, 2009

old-fashioned customer service

About a week ago, I went to Bergdorf Goodman to buy new Bobbi Brown makeup. Last night, when I got home, there was a thank you card from the saleswoman for buying the makeup from her and saying she hopes that I enjoy wearing it and to contact her if I have any questions. I love it when stores do that and I never understood why more stores don't do that. I understand that for small items it is not necessary, but for bigger purchases it is nice and always leaves a good impression in the customer's mind. That's right Louis Vuitton, when I'm paying $800 for a bag, I'd like some recognition or a side of customer service with that. I have gotten cards like that from Coach and BCBG and it always makes me remember the salesperson's name and want to shop there again.

1 comment:

  1. I used to work at the Clinique makeup counter in a Belk store... I would always get customers' info and send a thank you card, along with my business card. It helped my sales immensely because those customers (as well as those they referred) would come to the counter and request me to help them. I learned then that being nice could pad the wallet, as my commission went through the roof.

    ReplyDelete