Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I *heart* being an advisor

As some of you know, I'm an advisor to one of my sorority's chapters in the area. As much as I love my sorority, I frequently tell people that these girls are my reason for drinking. The girls have a big problem with attendance and showing up on time to things, so I have started to be stricter with them when it comes to excuses. Last night, one girl showed up 30 minutes late to chapter. When she walked in the room, she announced that she was late because she was giving her bunny a bath and couldn't leave until after she had finished blowdrying its fur. In case I didn't believe her, she brought the bunny with her to chapter. Dead serious. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

7 comments:

  1. We should swap stories someday about our advisor adventures. Although my girls have some lame excuses for not coming to chapter but washing the bunny might just take the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so hear you on the laugh vs cry issue! Being an advisor is such a hard, thankless job. I love it but gosh sometimes I just want to smack a few of the girls and ask them what the heck they were thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I wouldn't have the patience for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha- I would have laughed... then cried :)

    Funny!

    ReplyDelete