Monday, February 2, 2009

Martha = goddess

I have always loved cooking, but lately I have become beyond obsessed with baking. I love to try out new cookie and cupcake recipes and am always searching for more. Right now, the one thing that I want more than anything is a KitchenAid stand mixer, and I have already decided that as soon as my tax refund comes in, I'm getting one. This weekend, I went to New Jersey for the day to help out one of my sorority's chapters with some business. I always like to have a book or magazine with me for the train and planned on getting a magazine at Penn Station. I was going to go with Real Simple, but then I got to the Hudson News and saw that the cover of Martha Stewart Living had cupcakes on it and that basically sealed the deal.

I usually don't read everything in a magazine, but I read this one cover to cover. Twice. It is seriously the greatest magazine ever. I decided to subscribe to it. There is a whole cupcake section with tons of recipes and decorating ideas. Saturday night, I was in Joann Fabrics with some of the girls and I was checking out the dollar section. There was a cookbook for cupcakes and muffins, so obviously I had to take that home with me as well. There are a lot of recipes that I'm dying to try out on someone. There's a really cute one for these cupcakes that you bake in a teacup and serve just like that on a saucer. That one prompted all sorts of "awwwwwwwwwww"s from me. I will now commence scouting Target and the dollar stores to find a cheap set of teacups that can go in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment