Friday, February 13, 2009

even New York City's got one or two hillbillies ready to hit the road

Oh my Gosh. The Rascal Flatts concert last night was absolutely amazing. I don't know how I can still hear or talk today. The guys are so fun and put on a great show. They have so much energy and are just generally all around great. I went with my friend J. We got pretty good seats too, section 108. I wanted to get something closer on the stage, but couldn't get two seats together. Jessica Simpson opened for them and she was one hot mess. The entire back section of her hair was completely messed up and flat. She has multiple stylists working on her backstage. Did not one of them think that needed fixing? Also, she kept on drinking from a little coffee thermos on stage. J and I thought it was pretty funny because once she opened her mouth to talk, it became very clear that she was drunk! She kept on swaying back and forth and slurring her words. I'm not a big fan of hers, but I really wanted to hear her sing Take My Breath Away because I love her version of that song. As Murphy and his law would have it, she didn't sing it. The rest of the show was absolutely amazing though and even J who doesn't like country music had a great time.

Before the show, we went out for dinner. Because J keeps kosher, we had to find a kosher place. He picked My Most Favorite Food. I looked it up online and it got quite a few not good reviews, but I trusted J's judgement so we went there. The restaurant is great, the company was great, the food was so-so. I love tuna steak and order it whenever it is on the menu so I was excited to see that they had an Ahi Tuna Steak on the menu. I ordered it medium-rare, and the waiter brought it well done. That was disgusting. Tuna is not meant to ever be well done. The vegetables, however, were delicious. J kept on raving about their desserts since the place used to originally be called "My Most Favorite Dessert." Sad to say, my triple mousse cake was also subpar.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the concert. I like Rascal Flatts. I'm not a Jessica fan but I feel bad for her, she's obviously going through a rough patch :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I used to looove Jessica Simpson when she was on Newlyweds. Now, she's one hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pour js. she is a hot mess. she is on the britney train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah jessica's gone downhill. but hey, if her hair sucks while performing, might as well drink...right...?

    i agree about my most favorite food- cute place but soso food. whatever, at least it's a cute place lol.

    ReplyDelete