Monday, November 1, 2010

Rabbit Rabbit

Thank you Daily Bunny for continuing to indulge my bunny obsession.

Rabbit Rabbit. True story: our base decided that to avoid kids going to school all sugared up, we would have all trick or treating on Saturday. I am so used to Halloween being on the 31st, that yesterday when I woke up, I immediately said "rabbit rabbit." Then I realized it was still October. Whoops.

So anyways, I should really be packing right now considering that in less than 24 hours I will be on a plane, but where's the fun in that? I am a chronic procrastinator when it comes to packing. I will make piles of stuff I need to bring, but they will not actually make it into my suitcase until I needed to be out the door 5 minutes ago. (For one of my trips to England, I had the cab driver call me and tell me that he was downstairs as I was still putting things in my suitcase!) However, as much as I procrastinate, I am also a chronic listmaker. (Yes, I am one of those people who makes lists of what lists I need to make. I hear there's a 12 step program for such behaviors. I have no interest in applying.) I make extensive packing lists. I have seen packing lists consisting of:
shirts
pants
socks
underwear

or just
clothes

or my personal favorite:
stuff.

Not me. My packing lists are precise, meticulous, and leave no room for error. That pink Bobbi Brown pink brightening lip gloss? It's on the list? Those white socks from Target with the pink and red hearts? On there.

Yes, I really will specify down to the exact makeup socks and underwear that I am bringing. So when I actually do get my act together and decide to start packing, the actual packing itself will not take very long. So now, instead of packing, I will commence eating Cheetos and watching old episodes of Bones. (Every.single.time I watch that show, I swear up and down on my life that I will never.eat.again during this show. And every.single.time like clockwork, I always do.)

6 comments:

  1. I love how you always do rabbit rabbit each month. My mom used to make me say it for good luck when I was a girl, and I still do to this day! :)

    Have the best time ever in NYC :) Your plans sound a lot like mine when I travel-- a list of restaurants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone has got to explain this rabbit rabbit thing, because I dont get it. lol. yes - im that reader.

    this post sounds just like me except for the list thing. i HATE lists if other ppl make them, like my dad used to for when we would travel. It was always a nightmare at my house, packing before a trip. I should do a post about it lol. well end the the story - I always over pack, my bag always got a "heavy" tag, so much my parents got me a laminated "heavy" bag tag lol

    have a wonderful time in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love lists!! i have one going right now... it's been going.and going.and going since two weeks ago... hopefully i will cross off the last few things today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a list person too. Maybe not QUITE as detailed as you, but almost! Love that I'm not the only one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great trip! And we do the same with Bones all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my packing list typed so it's always ready when I need it! I can't pack without it!

    ReplyDelete