Monday, March 28, 2011

A Dark Day

The first time I lay eyes on these beauties, I knew they had to be mine one day.

HAD.TO.

I pretty much go weak at the knees at the sight of a good peep-toe, and these shoes made me swoon. The day finally came when I realized that 1) I still had quite a bit of money left over in my Nana's gift fund for me that was meant to cover my dress, veil, and shoes. Enough to cover a pair of Manolos. And 2) that these matched my dress PERFECTLY.

After some serious hunting, I managed to track down a pair in my size and color. I took them out of the box and swoon. I fell in love all over again. Then, I put them on and Oh.My.G-d. They were so painful. I decided to grin and bear it. I took them with me when I went to my dress fitting at Kleinfeld with KMH and TLS's mother and I could barely stand in them through my fitting. The peep toe part also cut into my big toe and pinched it and just ouchie ouchie owie ow. If I could not even stand in them for 15 minutes, no way in heck could I spend a full day in them plus dancing plus alcohol. Today, I had to suck it up, and do the unthinkable.

I returned the Manolos. ::GASP:: It still saddens me just thinking about it. They were without a doubt the most gorgeous, special shoes I have ever owned. Or probably ever will.

Tomorrow, I am off to go pick up my second choice pair of shoes.
Yes I tried these on. And yes they are way more comfortable than the Manolos. And they are $500 less than the Manolos. But oh dear, how I miss those shoes.

14 comments:

  1. The Manolos are gorg but from my perspective... I think the cheaper pair is cuter. The gold is gorg but I think will look dated, whereas that cream/white color is timeless. And stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not worth the pain, you did the right thing! I'm sure you will find another pair of Manolos's someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am with you...love the manolos! but i think steve madden makes a very similar (like almost exactly the same) shoe, and i am pretty sure it comes in gold. doesn't it just seem wrong that a shoe that pretty can be that painful?? :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness - the cheaper pair is cute. but i know you wanted those Manolos! You will find your perfect Manolos one day! On your wedding day, you need comfort though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a very good thing. Go for comfortable, you have to be in them all day.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha -- I bought a pair of super expensive shoes that I had been lusting for -- they were SO unbearable, I too sent them back. Your second choice is very pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, my shoes were like 25 bucks from payless... I am tall, thank God b/c I canNOT do heals! and needed flats, and it's not easy to find flats that are cute/comfy/match a dress perfectly/dressy enough to use in a wedding... But like I said, I am tall, so I HAD to have flats or else it would've been tacky-ville with the length of my dress. A bridesmaid even chose the same shoes - different color, and we were able to be on our feet all night! Comfort is definitely worth it on your wedding day; it goes by so quick, and gets so exhausting! They both are beautiful shoes, but hey, now you've got 500 extra bucks you can use towards something else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain. I wanted Manolos fro the longest time then I tried them on and they do not fit me at all. I was so sad... Love the new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had those in white for my wedding.. they are beauties!!! but the other ones are pretty too and to tell you the truth I took them off after our first dance, xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely not worth the pain!! the shoes you've chosen are gorgeous.

    PLUS --- you can take the money saved and put them towards something else, maybe a gorgeous pair of manolos for your honeymoon??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm sorry! But honestly, I like the second pair better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought these in turquoise to wear for my wedding - I was oh so in love with them as well - and just returned them last week too. They just weren't comfortable enough to wear for 9 hours. They did tell me at NM that they could stretch the peep toe area but once that happens you're stuck with them. Now I'm back on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww it's too bad that they weren't comfortable! The pair you got looks just as fabulous though!!

    ReplyDelete