Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rabbit Rabbit

Rabbit Rabbit!




Happy September!

Some things I am looking forward to this month:
*Rosh Hashanah- the Jewish New Year starts on Wednesday night. We are ordering kosher bagels from a bakery in Berlin and I am making sugar cookies and challah and some dips/spreads to take to our congregation for a communal meal after services.
*Terry's birthday- my husband is turning 29 this month. He asked me not to get him anything and to instead take him out for a really nice dinner in Paris, but I have to do at least something. Plus, a newly married friend and her husband will be in Frankfurt on his birthday. We were not able to make it back to the States for their wedding, so we are excited to see the newlyweds in person!
*Jimmy Buffett concert- September 26th, Jimmy Buffett is performing a concert in Paris and we were lucky to be able to get tickets. We both love Jimmy Buffett and even danced to his music at our wedding (but that is a story for another day). I saw him once in concert in Virginia and T has not seen him perform at all so we are both over the moon excited for this! Fins up!
*Of course it just wouldn't be a trip to Paris without some of this:
Looking at their website, it looks as if there are two new flavors that I simply must try- Pink Pepper and Gingerbread in addition to my beloved Salted Caramel macarons. Also I had one of the tastiest (and not to mention priciest) salads of my life at the Ladurée in Paris and London. A salad topped with smoked salmon and caviar y'all. So tasty. There will of course also be a trip to the top of the Eiffel Tower and lots of baguette and croissant eating.

In addition to everything that I have going on this month, today marks 6 weeks until I get to watch my best friend say "I do" and become a Mrs. I am so thrilled for her and her fiancé and can.not.wait. (And no, I do not yet have a bridesmaid dress.)

I managed to plan out my trips so well that right after I get back from Paris, I have precisely two days to unpack, work, do laundry, and repack before G-d willing getting standby seats on a flight to the States. Oof.

Wishing you lots of luck and fun and excitement for the month of September!

What are you most looking forward to this month? And dear G-d, please don't mock/tempt me by saying Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

4 comments:

  1. Happy September! It's going to be an incredible month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laduree has Gingerbread macarons now?? I'm going to have to try them in London next week! Happy September! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to get the bulk of my busy season done this month as I can't fly starting in October! One step closer to January! Woop - and I shant taunt you with PSLs - they are over rated :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The iPhone 5c in five colors: Blue, Green, Pink, White and Yellow.
    www.iphone5ccontracts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete