Friday, October 2, 2009

Favorite Things Friday

It's October, which means one thing to MRM- Breast Cancer Awareness Month and consequently, lots of fun, pink shopping to be done. This week's favorite things post is devoted to products that give back.

From my favorite bakery, Crumbs, a special limited-edition cupcake with pink ribbon sprinkles, $4.50. $1 from the sale of each cupcake is donated to the Breast Cancer Foundation. Since it is my goal to try each flavor at Crumbs before I move, I will have to stop by there this month. Oh darn. All you non-NYC readers, don't worry. Crumbs ships within the Continental United States.


The item I have been lusting over all year- the KitchenAid stand mixer, now available in pink for their Cook for the Cure Collection. I am still flip flopping between the Pink and Empire Red models. TLS would prefer red, but how often is he really going to be using it? $299.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.


Also from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, another favorite item of mine, the pink Brita pitcher. Brita will donate $50,000 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation from the sale of these pitchers. I had one and sadly it met an untimely death, and have been waiting for about 5 months to replace it. $31.99.


Moving away from kitchen accessories and onto fashion ones. Most of my readers know of my love of A. Tierney's colorful bangles. Thankfully, Alyssa has jumped on the Pink bandwagon and has released several bangles to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation. My personal favorite is this one, $50.


From Bloomingdales' Pink Shop, a lovely cardigan from DKNY, $125. This would be perfect for nights out in the chilly weather. To be quite honest, I'm not sure how much from the sale of it goes to breast cancer research, but it is from the collection.


Since I can't do a favorite things post without mentioning one of my favorite stores- the Preppy Princess, here is an adorable Scout tote at a great price, $32. I love gingham and love that 30% of the sale of this tote is donated to breast cancer research as well.


That's all for this week. Stay tuned next Friday when I will be talking about more pink things. Shocking. If you have not yet entered my giveaway, you have until Sunday at midnight to do so. Hope each one of you has a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

  1. We used those crumbs in vanilla for a breast cancer event that we sponsored!!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pink Kitchen Aid, and love it! Slowly the mixer has evolved into the pink blender, coffee mill, coffee pot..and everything else pink. Since I'm the one who mainly uses the kitchen I didn't care what C thought! Of course, it's always a topic of discussion when other guys come over and notice our kitchen is pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sporting pink today! My employer is "passionately pink for a cure" and we're having a celebration party today at work. I love items that support the cause. Probably my favorite is my pink ribbon tervis tumbler. I'm obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Scout tote is really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to get a pink mixer a few years ago and it was 100.00 more than the other colours! Yikes!

    I would love to try a crumbs cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stocking up on pink products during the month of october and knowing that it goes to a good cause means so much more.

    The cupcakes from crumbs look divine and I've wanted a pink kitchenaid stand mixer for the longest time. Maybe I'll finally get one this year just in time for holiday baking!

    ReplyDelete