Tuesday, October 13, 2009

grey skies are going to clear up

TLS is getting stationed in Turkey for 2 months and is going to be there by himself for the entire holiday season. The time difference between the U.S. and Turkey is 7 hours which we're not exactly thrilled about. We had been talking about seeing each other again before he leaves but it did not seem to work out thanks to his limited amount of leave. Fortunately, I work for a company that gives me 4.5 weeks of paid vacation a year. We realized that I could leave after work, take a redeye flight, and it would be less time that TLS had to take. Our original plan was for me to fly out on a Wednesday night and stay for a long weekend, but then when we realized that a Wednesday-Wednesday flight would be cheaper, I said that I could stay until Wednesday and to minimize the time that TLS has to take, he can go to work and during the day I can just play Wii, blog, and cook dinner and use it as good practice for our life in Germany. TLS said that he would have to see if he could take leave so close to him leaving. This morning, I woke up to discover a plane ticket from the Evil Empire also known as Delta in my inbox. Between the two of us, we had enough e-credits to make the cost of the ticket cheaper than a flight within the United States! And the best part? Because I'm flying out of England on Veteran's Day and TLS doesn't have to go to work that day, that's only one day of leave that he has to take! I am so happy and excited right now. A trip is exactly what I needed after the week that I've had. November 4th cannot come quickly enough!

8 comments:

  1. That's great! Have a wonderful trip, how nice to have something to look forward too after your rough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! So excited for you!! Thinking of your grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, that's so exciting. I hope things just get better and better for you this week! Email me tomorrow and let me know about the work situation. Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkey sounds amazing!! I know you guys will make it work ... best of luck :) xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AWESOME!!! You don't have long to wait, either! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I know it is hard when you don't get to see your loved ones often. What a blessing that it worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be great! I'm so glad you guys were able to work that out.

    ReplyDelete