Tuesday, October 27, 2009

weekend recap

I am back and today I actually have time to read blogger, so I am catching up on my reader slowly and am catching up on all of your happenings.

After being sick all last week, I decided I needed some major girlfriend time. Preppy Coastee and I attended Shecky's Girls Night Out. If you've never heard of Shecky's Girls Night Out, it is a semi-annual event held in major major cities. There are tons of vendors, and more importantly, an open bar with beer and specialty drinks. (I could never say no to a pink drink.)It is always a fun time and if there is an event in your city, I highly recommend checking it out. Preppy Coastee and I had a wonderful time bonding over adult beverages, and I ended up walking away with this dress from VFish.

It's a retailer that I had not heard of prior to Shecky's, but I loved all of their dresses. I think it will look adorable with a black cami underneath it, some black patterned tights, and these Tory flats that I scooped up at the Saks sale.


Saturday, I spent most of the day veggig and relaxing, although I did crawl out of my bed long enough to go to Target where I was able to pick up life's necessities- a slinky for TLS and some argyle socks for me. Can't live without them.

Sunday, my best friend GNB and I met up for brunch at Max Brenner. Max Brenner is a bit of a tourist trap, but we love it any way. When more of the menu is chocolate rather than real food, how can you not? After lunch we went up to Saks and Sephora for some shopping and I did a very un-MRM thing- I went into Forever 21. It is a store that I have generally looked down upon to be perfectly honest, but after reading so many blogs that praised their accessory collection, I had to see for myself. I was still not impressed by any of their clothes, but the hair accessories are a whole other story. They have some great items at fabulous prices. I ended up taking this beauty home with me for only $7.80!

Hmmm, it can even work with my dress!

Since sometimes all it takes is a little thing to go right to bring a huge smile to your face- here are some little things that made me smile this weekend. I am a chronic list maker, so obviously it's in list form.
-finding THE perfect cards to send to TLS and KMH
-the street vendors are finally selling chestnuts again!
-$1 argyle socks at Target
-TLS telling me that he surprised me and got me the fuzzy bunny slippers I've been coveting for ages
-finding a Crate & Barrel gift card that I had forgotten about with $2 on it
-Once again proving my theory that you can never underestimate the power of an 11:11 wish, the Yankees won the ALCS and are going to the World Series! I will be carrying my Vineyard Vines Yankees tote all week in solidarity.

9 comments:

  1. yay! Im glad you enjoyed GNO.... they had this really cute headband vendor when I went... so adorable.. she was religious, and ran out of the one i fell in love with though!!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, sounds like a fantastic weekend!! LOVE the Tory Burch flats and the Forever find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not gonna lie, I love F21! I recently found some jeans there for $13. Doubt they'll last long but I'll sure get my $13 worth out of them! And that headband is fantastic!

    GNO sounds awesome. I don't think we have one around here but if I ever hear of one, I'm going for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! great shoes, darling headbands, a meet up with Preppy coastee, it could not get much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 11:11 wish! Was Sheckys at the building on Houston and Lafayette? I walked by and couldn't figure out was going on, but there was a lot of girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you had an awesome weekend! hope you'll pop over to my blog and enter my tres fab giveaway! xoxo KAG

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great weekend, especially at GNO and you picked a darling dress too. As this is typed we are betting you have an ear to The Game, or maybe you are actually watching...?

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had so much fun with you. We must do another girls night out soon. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete