Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wedding Wednesday

If you have ever spent more than 5 minutes at a time with me, you know that I am constantly either eating, or talking about food. I love to cook, bake, and eat. For the wedding, food was bar none the most important element to me. I told my planner that I was willing to cut back on just about every other element to make sure that there was fantastic food at the wedding. A lot of our guests are spending a lot of their time and hard-earned money to come see us get married and I want to do everything I can to show them a great time! I want our guests to leave our wedding fat, drunk, and happy! Since TLS and I are both Jewish, we wanted to have a kosher style menu. For our observant guests, we will have two tables of strict kosher catering that is being provided by a second caterer that we're hiring. Inspired by last week's Wedding Wednesday post from the Beantown Prepster, here is what we have come up with for our menu. (Things may change slightly, since a girl has the right to change her mind!)

Cocktail Hour
Butlered Hors D'Oeuvres
Vegetable Samosas
Chicken Satay with Hoisin Sauce
Pan Seared Vegetable Dumplings
Artichoke Falafel with Honey Tahini Sauce
Spicy Chili Tartlets
Seared Tuna with Sashimi Sauce, Shredded Cucumber and Kiwi
Caviar Potatoes with Herbed Creme Fraiche
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
Salmon Tartare on Gaufrette

Mediterranean Station
International Cheese and Fruit Station

Dinner
Appetizer
Roasted Duck with Asian Noodles, Vegetables, and Fresh Plum Sauce

Salad Course
Choice of
Frisee Salad with Poached Pears, Blue Cheese, Slivered Almonds, and Orange Lemon Vinaigrette
or
Baby Arugula Salad with Seasonal Melons, Herb Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts, and Rhubarb Vinaigrette

Entree
Choice of
Red Snapper with Ginger Crust, Braised Asian Vegetables, and Cardamom Rice
or
Braised Beef Medallions with Chipotle Guava Sauce, German Mashed Potatoes, Warm Bean Salad, and Almonds
or
Filet Mignon with Merlot Peppercorn Sauce, Root Vegetable Melange, and Broccolini
(We will pick one of the two beef items as our meat selection- we are having a hard time deciding on which one!)

Dessert
Petit Fours
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Cake- 5 tiered cake with alternating tiers of pistachio cake with chocolate hazelnut buttercream or tangerine cake with passionfruit filling
Groom's Cake- Chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream
Mini Cupcakes Butlered during dancing- Strawberry cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, Lemon cupcakes with blueberry topping, White Chocolate cupcakes with strawberry buttercream, Green Tea cupcakes with vanilla buttercream

The planner told me that the cupcakes were overkill, but no way was I not having cupcakes at my wedding!

10 comments:

  1. Yum, you've made me so hungry! Of course you have to have cupcakes at your wedding!

    I could show you where the parking garage is on a map, but I don't remember the name. It's a wonderful festival with good shopping nearby. If you get a chance in the next few years, I would definitely recommend going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing menu!! Thanks for sharing :) NOw I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what an amazing menu!!! please please pretty please make Wedding Wednesday a staple, I want to live vicariosly through your planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fabulous! I can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness.

    Your wedding is going to be fabulous with all this delectable food! You just made me so hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fat, drunk and happy ha! I love it. You always know how to treat your guests :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmmmmmm....I think I just gained about 10lbs reading this post..and I don't care :) Your wedding is going to be fabulous for so many reasons, but the food alone will leave people talking for years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds amazing, very well thought and put together by a real foodie! I'm certain it is going to be an all around wonderful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg I am salivating! thank you. lol. I think it all sounds amazing. and I think the cupcakes are cute. I know when I go to weddings with a sit down meal, I tend to talk more then eat so 2 hours later, when Ive danced dinner off Im starving. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Your guests are going to be rolling out of your wedding, LOL. It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete