Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Whaleflipflops!

Today, my blog enters the Terrible Twos.

It will proceed to assert its independence, cry, scream, kick, and declare "Mine" whenever humanly folks.

Seriously though, I am a little verklempt. 2 years ago, when I first started this blog, I had less than 5 readers, all of whom I knew in real life. Today I am at a lot more than that. At a wedding last Sunday, someone I met for the first time said "I saw your J. Crew dress and after reading your blog, I knew right away who you were." Blogging has been an emotional journey. My life has seen many ups and downs, failed relationships, bad dates, projects I swore that I would start and never did, and you have been there through it all. You laughed with me when a guy on a date told me he had never heard of Casablanca, cried with me and supported me when I got laid off, and celebrated with me when I got engaged.

I have made many dear friends through blogging, and have had opportunities presented to me that I never would have otherwise been given. I am grateful for all this and more and for all of you for sharing your lives with me and for allowing me to share mine with you.

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your early 20s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to two years and many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on 2 great years and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful event for you! We love reading your post. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy blog birthday! my 3 year is coming up this weeknd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Congrats! We love hearing about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy, happy blog birthday! here's to many many more!

    (and love that angry birds cake!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogaversary Dear! OMG...I think this means I'm not far away from my blogaversary. How can that be? Wow...time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 2nd b-day and best wishes for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cake M dear. K says Happy Bloggie Birthday Auntie Whale Flipflops!

    :)

    ReplyDelete