Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

I apologize for not posting much this week. (Or you know at all.) Tomorrow I am going to run two very important wedding-related errands- have my first dress fitting at Kleinfeld, and dropping off my signed contract with payment for the bridesmaid dresses.

My MOH and I went to several stores and both of us tried on a TON of dresses. Some of which were really bad and did not even make it out of the dressing room. Eventually we decided on the Ashley from Lulakate.
Those of you who have been following my wedding plans from the beginning may remember that the Ashley was not one of my choices for bridesmaid dresses. Originally, I had wanted the Alex instead.

After seeing it in person, I realized that with the ruffle on top and a sash, it would have been too much flair, so the Ashley with its cleaner cut was a better fit for me.

One of the things that I love about Lulakate is that each dress comes in a variety of skirt styles. Each bridesmaid can select what style skirt fits her body and personality better, which means that the dress is more likely to be reworn. It also helps that the dress is in silk shantung, which works great as a nice evening dress.

I had originally wanted navy dresses, but after seeing the color in person, I realized that the Lulakate Navy is very purpley, so we instead decided to go with Nidnight. My MOH is going to have a Dusty Pink sash, and my bridesmaid is going to have a Jasmine sash. Unfortunately, I can't post pictures of the color swatches, but they are all available here. To any bride who is looking at bridesmaid dresses, I highly recomment Lulakate. The sales reps are very friendly and the color, fabric, and dress style selection can't be beat!

As some of  you know, one of my best friends decided in November to not be in my wedding party. I was very upset by this since she has been my best friend for over 10 years and I had known for years that I wanted her to be in my wedding, but what can you do? She had told me to ask someone to take her place, but since I had asked friends to be bridesmaids back in April, I thought that it was rude to ask someone else 7 months later. I felt like it was telling someone that they are second best and I did not want to make any of my friends feel like that. One of TLS's friends was in Afghanistan and TLS had planned on asking him to be in our wedding when he came back. We decided to just not ask him and keep the bridal party at 2 and 2 (TLS's two older brothers and GNB and KMH).

Originally, the Lulakate dresses were supposed to be cheaper because we got a discount for buying 3 dresses from there. When that didn't happen, the price went up. I didn't think it was fair to ask my bridesmaids to pay any more than they already were, so I said that I would pay the difference for the two of them, which is what I am off to do tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I think the Ashley is beautiful! I'm sorry about your friend backing out of your wedding, but I think you handled it well. Good luck getting your to-do list accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ashley dress is beautiful. Good luck with all your errands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that dress is gorgeous! That's crazy your friend backed out...i'm so sorry! I've heard good things about Lulu Kate from others too so I'll definitely check those out when the time is right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to be in a wedding in june and the bride has chosen 5 Lula Kate designs for the maids to choose from. I chose the Maggie top with the full knee length skirt. so excited to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopefully you make it on an episode of say yes to the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a sweet bride to pay the difference! I love your dress for the bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress! You are a great friend to pay the extra. I'm so sorry to hear that your friend dropped out, but sometimes its better just to have 2 attendants on each side. Don't forget to take lots of pictures at klienfelds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this - I love how many fabulous colors they have! Can't wait to share it with my bridesmaids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BFF JILL here. Just checking in. Love the dress, naturally. SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU IN MARCH. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. you such a sweet bride to pay the difference in the dresses! i'm sure your girls appreciate it so much!
    especially because you picked such beautiful dresses!!

    ReplyDelete