Thursday, January 6, 2011

Help Me Spend It

As some of you may know, I have not had a great couple of days/week. It has been an endless array of budget spreadsheets and drama that culminated in me crawling under my covers today, crying to Harrod the teddy bear, and pretty much refusing to get out of bed. Yes. I know. Not my finest moment.

I had a business meeting on base today that I simply could not reschedule so I finally had to put on my big girl panties, a Lilly polo, some pearls, and waltz out the door. After the business meeting, we had a spouses' association meeting that I was required to be at. We had several door prizes at the meeting for members in good standing, and I won the motherload. A $100 gift card to Tiffany & Co.!!!!! Just last week, I wrote in this post how a big white bow on a little blue box can instantly brighten your day. And oh yes it does! In between that, and a hilarious early wedding gift from a friend I spent the rest of the evening on Cloud 9.

Now comes the very happy dilemma of what do I spend it on? There are several items on the Tiffany & Co. website that I have been lusting after and are now suddenly a lot more within my reach.

Mini Bow Earrings, $125
Alphabet Disc Charm on a chain, $115

Bead Earrings, $100 (I do have the bracelet that matches these)

Also, TLS and I have a small registry at Tiffany. We wanted a pair of flutes for the wedding from there and our original plan was that if no one bought them for us, we would get them ourselves. I can't find them on the website any more (and am hoping that they are still available in store!) but they were the pearl flutes and cost $95 each. I don't know if I should be selfish and use the gift card to get something for myself, or get us the flutes for the wedding. Thoughts? What would you do?

Also, I am going to leave you with a picture of the hysterical gift that my friend brought to the meeting tonight.
Backstory, before TLS and I started dating, I would always refer to him on facebook as "some guy." My posts always said "sending a package to some guy" or "on the phone with some guy." After our first date, he asked me if he was still going to be called some guy, and I said "of course, why would that change?" That nickname has grown exponentially through the help of facebook, and now most of my friends simply know him as some guy. Even in person. (When we got engaged, I even got a facebook message from the past national president of my sorority congratulating me on my engagement to some guy.). So one of my friends here got me a tote bag from 31 Gifts to use for after the wedding:
You may have to enlarge the image to see it clearly- but it says "Mrs. Some Guy" on it in lime green! So amazing! I was cracking up all night long from it.

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Gracie Beth! I LOVE those bow earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so lucky to win the giftcard!!! I like the silver ball earrings especially since you have the matching bracelet! Also, love the bow earrings. I would use the giftcard for you, but that's just me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use the gift card on you. It seems like today of all days you could definitely use it. I am loving the bow earrings. I know a few girls who have the silver ball earrings and I do love those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use the giftcard for yourself, there is a chance you will get the glasses still for your wedding.

    I have both earrings and love them both! The bows are adorable in because they are tiny and bows of course.

    Good luck finding your little blue box! Let us know what you buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mini bow earrings. To be honest, I would use it for yourself. You will get so many gifts from your registry that you will eventually get the flutes! Also, how funny is that engraving!? hahaha xxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the mini bow earrings. So stinkin' cute! Although, I have silver bead earrings (not Tiffany, unfortunately) and I wear them aaalll the time. Personally, I'd probably guilt myself into using the card for the wedding flutes but I think you should use yours for yourself! :-) Let us know what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the mini bow earrings. I have my eye on those and the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the alphabet letter and find that it is always flipping backwards on me...there seems to be no good way to wear it so that it doen't keep flipping to the back.

    I also have the bead earrings, and find that they are great for everyday use...although the bow ones are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd use it for me - I love the bead earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you should use the GC for yourself. You will probably get the flutes for your shower or wedding. As for what to get...The ball earings, because you already have the bracelet. Anyway, I am glad your night got a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spend it! I am so jealous..... Love the bow earrings for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the ball earrings.
    What a cute story behind your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute bow earrings, but for long-term wear, I would get the BEAD earrings. They are so great for everyday. Have a wonderful time picking something out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky girl! I vote the ball earrings - I have had mine for almost ten years and still wear them all the time! Such a classic and fun alternative to pearls! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved the bows, but I got the beads for my mom for Christmas and they are just stunning. I vote beads. They are classic!!

    And did I mention I'm super jeals you won this! I love nothing more than a little blue box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That "some guy" story is fabulous. hope that makes your way into the wedding toasts, and on that note i think you should use the gift card toward those pearl flutes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Alpha Disk. But really they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete