Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 1

TLS and I went to Pilsen, Czech Republic for New Year. Pretty much everything was shut down (and I do mean EVERYTHING, including the cathedral so you couldn't even go inside of it!). In the evening, a few cafes and bars opened up. Very conveniently, the bar/restaurant across the street from our hotel was open, so we decided to go there for dinner and drinks. We had way too much fun there and somehow ended up ordering food and beer for 4 or 5 because everything sounded so good that we just had to try it!

One of the items on the menu was beer cheese. It sounded just interesting enough for us to get, so we ordered it. I took two bites and knew that it wasn't for me. I don't do soft cheeses at all. I passed the plate on to TLS and he seemed to enjoy it. After a couple of minutes, he said "you might like this soft cheese more, here try it" and speared a bit on his fork and gave it to me. I took one bite and nearly gagged. Then I said "TLS, this is butter!" That's right. He was eating butter with a fork off his plate thinking it was cheese.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.

Just thinking about that day made me smile after a very aggravating evening.

9 comments:

  1. SO first off, when I read
    Pilsen, Czech Republic for New Year. I thought to myself "SERIOUSLY?! I have got to get out more so I can say things like, I went to Pilsen, Czech Republic for New Year.

    Then when I read about the beer cheese...I laughed. I can only imagine your face. HAHA

    SO glad you had a good time though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is there to say, what can one say but LOL,LOL. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
    I am still laughing.

    Always, Bumby

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewwww hahaha.... well, I cant believe he thought it was cheese... then again, I prob wouldnt know the difference in another country, haha. How are the wedding plans? Please more posts about it!!! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! I love it!
    I think every woman has a story similar to this about their man =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow -- i LOVE this post, made me laugh out loud at my desk!! i do love soft cheeses, but i don't know if i would ever confuse a soft cheese with butter. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That is to funny. I don't care for soft cheeses either.

    ReplyDelete