Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On Airline Travel

I will probably fly Space A (on a military aircraft) home this summer, but will need to get a commercial one-way ticket home for the way back. This morning, while I was waiting for my friend to pick me up, I decided to play around on the Delta website. I'm a Silver Medallion and get an extra checked bag, so I do prefer to fly SkyTeam when I can.

Someone please explain to me how a one way, economy class ticket for September from NYC to Frankfurt costs $2,210.80 while a round trip costs 620.02€ (roughly $802).

6 comments:

  1. i will never be able to comprehend airline prices...it really is the most bizarre thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes no sense whatsoever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it make you SO MAD?! When I was looking for one way tickets, they were roughly 3 grand. Honestly? Just buy the round trip ticket and let the other flight go to waste. A standbye traveler will love you forever - and you both get to save money! (What can they do if you don't take it, anyways? You have the Visa to be here...) I was fortunate enough to have enough miles for a 1-way ticket... Still cost me 400 bucks for my daughter to sit in my lap though! (We did luck out and get the empty seat next to us... THANK GOD, or else we would have not survived that flight!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy the round trip ticket with the return flight near a date that you might use in the future. I have travelled back and forth several times on mismatched flights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just do what so many do...buy a round trip and just use it one way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that just made my head hurt. How do airlines come up with these prices?

    pimalai

    ReplyDelete