Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas

To all of my dear readers who celebrate it, wishing you, your families, your loved ones, and your pets a Very Merry Christmas. (An extra Christmas shoutout goes out to any and all Alpha Sigma Alphas reading this.)

Somehow, Christmas just isn't as exciting when you are a Jew, but while you all have your holiday traditions, I have mine. Every year, like clockwork, no matter what else, I simply must watch Love Actually on Christmas. Otherwise, it's just not Christmas without it. This year, TLS treated me to the Blu Ray version of it, and thankfully, it arrived just in the nick of time.

Like any good Jew, my other Christmas tradition is Chinese food. Last year, I was worried that no Chinese place would be open in Germany on Christmas so I bought a PF Changs frozen meal to make at home. Not the same. This year, I happily discovered that the sushi and Chinese buffet near our house is open all day on Christmas and made reservations for three for a very Jewish Christmas.

I look forward to reading all of your posts post-Christmas and seeing what Santa/magic elves/the tooth fairy/your parents/etc. brought you.

Listen to your Uncle Billy kids: Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give you them for free!

4 comments:

  1. I looove Love, Actually. It isn't the holidays unless I've seen it at least half a dozen times.

    "I'll give you anything you ask for - as long as it's not something I don't want to give"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lovely! Hope you had an enjoyable day with your movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry merry Christmas, sweet girl! I hope Santa was good to you.

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was on vacay on christmas but you better believe that if i was home id be doing the EXACT SAME THING! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete