Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Well I'm back. Again. I tried to do this post yesterday, but our wifi is on the fritz, as a result of which, my post got deleted. So here goes nothing.

We got back on late Wednesday night, early Thursday morning. When we left Gran Canaria, it was 75+ degrees. When we landed in Frankfurt, it was 5 degrees. Welp. 

When we got home, we discovered that 1) our wifi was out, 2) our bottle of laundry detergent had frozen solid, and 3) our washing machine was broken. I discovered #3 while it had locked with TLS's uniform for work the next day inside of it. So much for coming home from vacation with a bang.

The honeymoon itself was nothing short of amazing. We have hundreds of pictures between our two cameras and iPhones, but have bot had a chance to upload them yet. However, we did print out one picture yesterday and put it into a cute Gran Canaria frame that we picked up in a shop there. This is serious progress!

Also, can I just say that you never realize just how many email lists you're subscribed to until you leave town with an autoreply message on for a week! I had well over 1,000 emails to sort through when I returned! Now that that's done, this weekend is being devoted to catching up on all our shows that we missed while we were gone (I am so sad that there was no new Revenge), and catching up on everyone's blogs!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope things get back to normal for you quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Can't wait to see all the pictures! I hope you get everything under control with your apt soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to see pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yeah. This single digit weather crap can stop. It's completely unnecessary...

    Glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did my package arrive yet???

    Can't wait to see photos from your trip

    ReplyDelete